Get Nice and Comfy.
It may seem like a trivial matter, but having a correctly fitted and comfortable work space is vital for productivity. It you’ve ever spent 8 hours in an uncomfortable chair you will know just how distracting it can be. In today’s work environment where so many of us are sitting for most of our day, it is critical that employees’ immediate work space provide the level of comfort and support needed for them to do their work unhindered by annoying back pain.
Consider these quick ergonomic checks and improvements:
– Eyes 24-36 inches from the computer screen. The top of the monitor should be below or at eye-level.
– Feet should be on a foot rest or resting on the floor.
– A slightly reclined chair posture is best to reduce pressure on your spine and minimize lower back pain.
Here are some quick tips to improve comfort in the working environment.
– Provide fully adjustable chairs
– Provide cushions and back supports for employees if they want them.
– Height adjustable computer stands can be a great help and allow people to alternate between sitting down and standing up