To manage and support the direction of all operational activities on designated buildings, for facilities management, health and safety, and security. Working closely with the senior team, you will ensure a positive image of the buildings/estates and promote the organisation, providing excellence in development and property management.
[It is also a good idea to give some brief background information about your organisation e.g. company size, how long you’ve been in operation, information about specific buildings/premises etc]
[Obviously these responsibilities will vary depending on your organisation and requirements, however we have listed a wide range of potential Building Manager key responsibilities below as a starting point.]
– Establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering the management service, with approved budgets.
– Prepare, monitor and reconcile service charge budgets.
– Check and approve expenditure against service charge budgets.
– Provide best in class customer service to internal and external customer base.
– Maintain regular and effective communication with clients and tenants.
– Manage site based staff, ensuring all people related policies and procedures are followed
– Maintain regular and effective communication with internal colleagues in Property Management, support functions and the wider Real Estate business
– Monitor works conducted/service provided by suppliers
– Audit and inspect supplier delivery
– Measure and report supplier performance against agreed SLAs
– Manage suppliers to ensure effective, safe and compliant delivery of all M&E related services, including: life safety systems, vertical transportation equipment and public health systems
– Work effectively with a range of specialist consultants to deliver agreed outcomes
– Procure goods and services, following procedures and policies
– Develop, agree and manage capital replacement programmes
– Prepare management reports for a variety of stakeholders and attend/chair management meetings as required
– Undertake regular building inspections, complete reports and initiate/progress any required works
– Ensure compliance with all current statutory legislation in respect of health and safety and the environment
– Manage local environmental activities in order to meet statutory obligations and achieve/retain industry standards e.g. ISO14001 working with Sustainability Manager
– Ensure compliance with all internal procedures and policies – e.g. Procurement, Finance, Compliance, HR
– Ensure security and emergency procedures are robust and adhered to at all times, taking an active role in the event of emergency situations
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
– Minimum 3 years in Facilities Management at a management level.
– Trained to IOSH or NEBOSH equivalent
– Strong commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification
– Basic accountancy skills
– Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting
– Strong IT skills inc. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and web use to a minimum of intermediate level
– Staff management
– Complete understanding of Facilities Management
– Overview of business and Group services offered.
– Good knowledge of Output Specifications and management of Performance Based Contracts
Skills and personal attributes
– Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
– Good organisation and prioritisation skills
– Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
– Ability to manage priorities and meet demanding customer expectations
– Innovative problem solver
– Strong attention to detail
– Working knowledge of health and safety legislation as applied to managed commercial property
– Experience of financial management for service charges and budgeting on multi-let properties
– Proven ability to manage FM contractors and in-house staff
– Sound technical knowledge of buildings and their plant & systems
– Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
– Excellent client interfacing skills