The main purpose of this position is to provide administration support to the Facilities Management Team. To maintain efficiency and administration systems, looking to improve and develop where necessary. A strong communicator who can receive and process complex information in an efficient way and in return pass on required key-information and action points to the Team.
The Administrator ensures that everything behind the scenes is running smoothly and can multi-task with ease.
[It is also a good idea to give some brief background information about your organisation e.g. company size, how long you’ve been in operation, information about specific buildings/premises etc]
[Obviously these responsibilities will vary depending on your organisation and requirements, however we have listed a wide range of potential Facilities Administrator key responsibilities below as a starting point.]
– Maintain the financial administration of the office including: raising purchase orders, reconciling invoices, monitoring expenditure against budget, follow up outstanding payments, and liaise with the finance team upholding accurate financial record keeping.
– Liaise with third party supplier / contractors, monitoring performance against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs), including attending monthly supplier review meetings.
– Support the Facilities department in delivering a consistent and efficient service across the site including ensuring that all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are up to date and that any remedial works(s) are undertaken quickly.
– Act as first point of contact within the Facilities office during working hours to ensure phone calls are taken and queries are dealt with in a time affective manner
– FM Helpdesk management, monitoring and responding to job requests, including liaising proactively and reactively with other staff and supply chain partners;
– Ensure that supplier and contractor vetting, Risk Assessments, Method Statements (RAMS), Permit to Work and Construction Design Management (CDM) processes are used at all times and are fit for purpose;
– Provide other administrative and operational/coordination support to the Head of Facilities, to other staff within the Regeneration and Property team and in other departments as and when requested;
– Production of monthly reports identifying performance against agreed targets and budgets.
– To maintain internal systems and work flow and advise Building Management Team on Administrative best practice
– Manage all incoming mail.
– Type minutes with accuracy and circulate in a timely manner. If requested, attend meetings and minute take.
– Reports – preparation of a variety of management reports and electronic presentations including overall design and manipulation and extraction of data.
– Maintain both soft and hard filing systems, ensuring consistency and support management team where required.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
– GCSE/CSE Maths and English or equivalent
– IOSH Managing Safely desirable
– A Qualification in customer service or business administration is desirable.
– Office administration experience for example: writing agendas, taking minutes, filing and screening calls
– Financial administration experience including raising purchase orders and reconciling invoices
– Experience managing and monitoring FM contracts and service level agreements (SLAs)
– Experience working with and supervising contractors and suppliers
Skills and personal attributes
– Excellent written communication with the ability to prepare and proof read tender documents
– Strong numerical skills with the ability to read financial information and present financial reports
– Confident telephone manner
– Ability to multi-task and prioritise a high volume of incoming jobs
– Well-developed communicator both verbal and written
– Previous experience working within the financial services industry or similar is desirable.
– Previous Experience of CAFM or similar facilities computer management system is desirable.
– Experience in dealing with customer requests and coping under pressure whilst maintaining focus is essential.
– Previous experience of helpdesk operations or similar support role is desirable.
– Previous experience of working in a busy and demanding environment
– Numerate with experience of dealing with purchase orders, suppliers
– Experience of MS office packages such as Word / Excel is essential.
– Experience of working in a fast paced and evolving environment
– Ability to demonstrate professionalism, discretion and confidentiality at all times