Facilities Management Roles and Definitions
Not everyone in the FM profession is responsible for all of these facilities management roles; some individuals in Facilities Management specialise in the responsibility of specific functions, while some oversee all of these facilities management roles through other specialists. Whatever the degree of responsibility it is undoubtedly important for those whom want to practise in facilities management need to have a working knowledge of each specialism so that they can effectively deal with colleagues, manage staff or interface with external resources.
The fundamental responsibilities being in Facilities Management can be classified in to the following specialisms:
- Finance & budgets (reporting, forecasting and managing budgets
- Auxiliary services (catering management, mail, reprographics)
- Technology (telephone, communications management)
- Management and Leadership (strategic planning, reporting customer service, energy management, quality)
- Operations and maintenance (grounds maintenance, security, cleaning, emergency response)
- Property (leasing, property administration)
- Projects (location changes, renovations and conservation)
- Planning (capital and space management)
Maxwell Stephens recruit for a wide range of facilities management roles within each of these specialisms sometimes they are not called a facilities manager. We are constantly looking for exceptional candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and with varying levels of experience. We have therefore developed a summary of some of the key job roles we look for to help our candidates recognise which roles they would be most suited to and how they might develop their careers in the FM sector.
The following is just a selection of some of the roles which we specialise in recruiting for; you can click on each one to learn more information:
- Facilities/ Office Assistant
- Office Manager Jobs
- Building Manager Jobs
- Operations Manager Jobs
- Centre Manager Jobs
- General Manager Jobs
- Facilities Manager
- Director Facilities Management Jobs
We would love to hear from you if you feel any of these roles are of particular interest or relevance to your own experience and background. You can also view our current vacancies under our vacancies page or contact a member of our team if you would like to know more.
The 101 Things A Facilities Manager Should Know.
You gave us suggestions – and we listened!
As facilities management recruitment experts; Maxwell Stephens endeavours to share our knowledge and provide you with realistic and relevant information on the industry.Free Download