Maxwell Stephens and AAGBI
The Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI) is the national membership organisation for anaesthetists at all stages of their career. Their vision is to be ‘an effective voice for the speciality, a leading contributor to health polic affecting anaesthesia and a leader in raising public awareness and understanding of the anaesthetist’s role’. The AAGBI has a membership of over 11,000 and 35 staff.
A key part of the AAGBI’s long future strategy relates to operational support, including: becoming fully digital; striving for continuous improvement; adopting a more commercial approach to income generation; minimising running costs, such as through competitive tenders; improving our current premises; and being greener. With this in mind AAGBI approached Maxwell Stephens exclusively to recruit a brand new Facilities, Contracts and ICT Manager.
The post holder would take responsibility for managing all aspects of facilities, including building maintenance and development, security, facilities, ICT and office management, procurement and hospitality management.
The key responsibilities for this role focused mainly on the areas of building management and security, front of house and catering, health safety and environmental management. procurement and third party supplier management, business development and income generation and ICT services and office management. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Maintain planned repair work schedule to inform budget forecasts.
– Establish security procedures and ensure all staff and users comply with these.
– Oversee front of house activities
– Oversee the provision of conference facilities.
– Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation, develop and review health and safety policies and ensure new staff are trained on these.
– Oversee waste management, recycling and disposal.
– Review/establish procedures for and oversee procurement.
– Manage third party suppliers and monitor performance against criteria.
– Procurement of ICT equipment including photocopiers, phones and computer hardware.
– Managing the contract with the AAGBI’s IT provider, establishing service standards and dealing with ad-hoc problems.
– Work with senior management and board members to deliver long-term strategy, and to take a leading role with regard to property strategy.
This expansive role required a candidate with a wide range of experience in the areas of people management, building and procurement management, budget management, hospitality management. As well as appropriate experience, the ideal candidate also need to have an extensive knowledge base, including a good working knowledge of health and safety at work legislation and a good working knowledge of IT systems.
In regards to qualifications, it was essential that the post holder be qualified to degree level and hold an appropriate Facilities Management Qualification. An IOSH qualification was also desirable for this role.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to lead and motivate others. Being a systematic and self-motivated individual, the post holder would be able to undertake practical hands-on work when needed.
From start to finish they were on the ball…
I’ve just started a new role which was offered to me via Maxwell Stephens. This was my first time working with Maxwell Stephens and I have to say it was a very good experience. From start to finish they were on the ball with everything, always making sure to follow up with me after meetings and interviews etc.
The team at Maxwell Stephens are very knowledgeable and have a very good attitude. Nothing is too much trouble! I would be very happy to work with Maxwell Stephens in the future.