Considering the different seniorities of the roles BACB were recruiting for, the experience and qualification levels obviously varied accordingly. There are a number of core competencies which BACB put in place for all of their roles which align with the corporate culture and needed to be considered throughout the recruitment campaign. These competencies are:
• Driving for Results (Impact, Continuous Improvement, Client Focus)
• Leadership and Influence (Communication, Teamwork, Relationships)
• Judgement and Accountability (Problem Solving, Decision Making, Planning and Organisation)
• Knowledge and Expertise (Business Knowledge, Proactive Learning, Self-Development)
• Governance (Risk, Compliance, Regulatory Matters)
. In addition, this search and selection process required a thorough assessment of candidates’ personal skills and attributes in relation BACB’s core values:
• Integrity- Being honest, respectful and transparent in all interactions. Understanding the importance of integrity as a result of working in a regulated environment and treating customers fairly.
• Innovation – Flexible thinking and inventing solutions. Identifying and understanding challenges and providing alternative solutions.
• Excellence – Always striving to exceed expectations. Going the extra mile to ensure the task is completed.
• Teamwork – Working in unison toward a common goal. Demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude with colleagues. Understanding everyone’s role within the team and to confidently contribute to its success.
• Client Centric – Putting clients first and understanding clients’ needs and provide a high quality and consistent service.