Reporting to the Group Operations Director, the Group Facilities Director is responsible and accountable for providing strategic and dynamic leadership for the Group Facilities department across all areas of the Penguin Random House UK & Ireland portfolio. The Facilities Director is responsible for ensuring effective standards and controls are in place for the design, development, implementation, maintenance, use, acquisition and management of facilities services and assets to support the core business.
This expansive senior role covered a range of key responsibilities which included but were not limited to:
– Responsible for facilities operational expenditure of all PRH sites with a budget of circa £25 million per annum, as well as responsibility of a Capital Project spend of approx £1 million per annum and group services budget spend of over £2 million.
– Estate Management of UK & Ireland wide property portfolio.
– Ensuring HSE best practice across the PRH Group, complying with all current regulations.
– People management of the facilities team including performance management and appraisals, work organisation, delegation, training and reward recommendations.
– Proactive management and benchmarking of various third party contracts and providers of outsourced critical services.
– Project management of all Group Facilities and property related projects.