The overall purpose of this position is to oversee and manage the general administration, reception and office functions of the business premises to ensure it runs smoothly and delivers a high quality and customer focused office environment for all stakeholders. In addition, the Office Manager will manage all central services, including utilities, repairs, security, reception, archiving, cleaning, catering and recycling.
[It is also a good idea to give some brief background information about your organisation e.g. company size, how long you’ve been in operation, information about specific buildings/premises etc)
[Obviously these responsibilities will vary depending on your organisation and requirements, however we have listed a wide range of potential Office Manager key responsibilities below as a starting point.]
– Act as a line manager for the Front of House and Office team.
– Ensure efficient use of office space including desk space, filing and communal areas
– Own, oversee, develop and manage administration processes, implementation and maintenance of systems and office procedures including incoming calls and visitors, office access, allocation of entry fobs, car park passes
– Manage external suppliers, negotiate contacts, decision making on which supplier to go with and liaising with sites office in order to implement changes.
– Manage space planning and accommodation (including floorplans/seating), liaising with teams as to requirements
– Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers and develop vendor/supplier relationships
– Oversee accounts payable support performed by the administration team. Assist with reviewing invoices and processing purchase orders.
– Managing arrangements for ordering office furniture, IT equipment and more
– Assist with new joiner inductions including providing information, conducting office tours and informing new joiners of office and facilities processes, setting up IT, permits, access to facilities and equipment, office access
– Monitor, manage and arrange routine maintenance and emergency repairs for all equipment within office and communal areas
– Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with health and safety regulations
– Act as key operational lead for liaison with IT managed services.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
– A degree or similar level qualification
– An experienced project manager with several years’ experience
– Basic awareness of Health and Safety legislation and able to support in implementation and monitoring
– A valid First Aid, Fire Marshal and DSE Assessor certificate desirable
– Proven track record of managing multiple projects or tasks at once
– Health & Safety knowledge and experience in implementing it
– People management experience
– Experience of contract and budget management
Skills and personal attributes
– Ability to work independently and make sound judgements on a day-to-day basis
– Exceptional organisational skills – able to plan, prioritise and balance conflicting work demands.
– Strong interpersonal skills required to persuade and build consensus and cooperation
– Procurement & negotiation skills
– Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
– Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
– Attention to detail, and understanding the importance of gathering and processing information accurately
– Tackles difficult problems, and seeks to understand the reason for obstacles and takes personal responsibility for finding solutions
– Appreciate the importance of professionalism discretion and confidentiality at all times
– Excellent written communication with the ability to prepare and proof read tender documents
– Strong numerical skills with the ability to read financial information and present financial reports
– Confident telephone manner
– Ability to multi-task and prioritise a high volume of incoming jobs
– Previous Experience of CAFM or similar facilities computer management system is desirable.
– Previous experience of helpdesk operations or similar support role is desirable.
– Exceptional knowledge in IT support including proven experience using the full functionality of Microsoft Office software, plus installing/setting up office equipment such as video-conference calls and helping with IT troubleshooting
– Experience of working in a fast paced and evolving environment