We are looking for an experienced Regional Facilities Manager to be responsible for the management of the working environment, services, equipment and processes to support the effective running of the business premises.
This is a multi-disciplinary, strategic role covering a range of activities which together provide a safe and efficient working environment. The role covers space planning, building and supplier maintenance and management, Business Continuity planning, CSR awareness and Health & Safety management as well as day-to-day facilities functions.
[It is also a good idea to give some brief background information about your organisation e.g. company size, how long you’ve been in operation, information about specific buildings/premises etc]
[Obviously these responsibilities will vary depending on your organisation and requirements, however we have listed a wide range of potential Regional Facilities Manager key responsibilities below as a starting point.]
Planning and Facilities Management Responsibilities
· Ensure all aspects of the Facilities Management functions are being performed satisfactorily and are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with the Client’s policies and all relevant legislation across all sites.
· To promote the highest standards of business ethos and strategically ensuring the most effective use of resources in support of business objectives.
· Arrange works with suppliers and contractors, organising planned and reactive support as required.
· Responsible for the statutory compliance of required regulations and ensuring all records are kept up to date and ready for inspection by our client, or any other professional body.
· Measure all service activities against recognised standards and propose appropriate and proportionate improvements to meet existing and future requirements
· To actively seek out and make efficiency savings and or reductions to the relevant running costs.
· Manage relevant soft-services relating to the aesthetics of the environment reporting faults/issues as appropriate (Cleaning / Maintenance / Redecorations etc)
· Oversee the successful delivery and management of all outsourced contract
· Help to establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering the management services.
· Promote innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team and associated contracts.
· Originates, approves and submits purchase orders and processes invoices from vendors, contractors and service providers for payment and manages communication with finance team members and other stakeholders as required.
· Contribute to the development of the annual budget for the properties.
· Attain budget goals by analysing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with senior management.
· Day-to-day supervision of members of the facilities team
· Manage facilities staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave. Report data to the Regional Facilities Manager on a monthly basis, or when requested
· Plan, organise and provide training for the facilities team to provide the highest standard of service possible
· Ensure effective line management of direct reports and demonstrate effective people management skills to support both performance and development of colleagues
· Develop effective relationships with clients and stakeholders ensuring their satisfaction with service delivery and meet regularly with senior client management to further develop these relationships.
· Ensure compliance with HR policy and procedures.
· Perform regular appraisals/job chats with staff.
· Complete all paperwork and relevant checks for all new starters.
· Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service.
· Hold regular monthly meetings with staff to maintain a healthy working environment and discuss satisfaction and communication.
Knowledge and Qualifications
· A professional qualification in real estate and/or facilities management (IWFM Level 4+) or relevant experience
· A qualification in health & safety (NEBOSH, IOSH) would be advantageous
· Project Management Prince II & Professional / Certified Membership of BIFM or equivalent is desirable
· Good level of general education educated to ‘A’/HND Level as a minimum or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· An understanding of UK Health & Safety laws and statutory regulations relating to buildings management including interactions with Local Authority Representatives
· General knowledge/understanding of Health and Safety risks including manual handling, worksite safety , trip and fall hazards.
· Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results.
Skills and experience
· Solid experience in FM within a professional environment, with at least 3 years at a Manager level experience within a corporate setting
· Quantifiable track record of contractor management (property maintenance, facilities management, catering services) in a multi-site commercial property environment.
· The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, contractors and key stakeholders.
· Leadership skills with proven experience of leading, supporting and mentoring teams
· Relevant Health and safety Qualification (IOSH / NEBOSH)
· Must be Customer Focused, with a strong drive to deliver 5 star Facilities Services
· Proven experience in leading projects.
· A minimum of 3-5 years FM management experience
· Soft and Hard service facilities contractor management
· Financial Management