Facilities Manager (3 month contract)Back to Vacancies List
Purpose of role:
To lead the management of Maxwell Stephens’ clients building whom are a trust based in Winchester.
Take responsibility for the fabric and maintenance and ensure that they provide a safe working environment for staff and visitors, including the effective review, delivery and maintenance of trust-wide health & safety reporting and framework.
- To plan and oversee the maintenance of all buildings and facilities including long-term maintenance, responsive repairs and refurbishments.
- To be the lead on Health & Safety management.
- To design, implement, review and modify Health and Safety policies and procedures across the Trust and ensure they are in line with prevailing legislation, policy and are acceptable to the operating and commercial environment.
- To develop and manage a programme for monitoring, reviewing and reporting accident/incident data.
- To implement processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- To instil a proactive, problem solving and pragmatic approach to health and safety performance within the trust.
- To create a framework with monitoring procedures to ensure all managers fulfil their health and safety responsibilities.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of applicable legislation and best practice
- To review and maintain staff training records.
- To provide regular reports to your line manager.
- To manage a small team and the site.
- To manage external cleaning and maintenance contracts.
- To undertake any other duties or projects commensurate with the nature and grade of this post as required by the organisation.
- Undertake appropriate training and development
- Corporate and statutory initiatives – equalities/health & safety/environmental sustainability
- Maintain an awareness of and comply with Hampshire Cultural Trust policies and apply them to the day-to-day operation to ensure its legal and statutory obligations are met
- Comply with Health & Safety, equalities and environmental sustainability guidance and working practices
Key competencies of role:
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Working with People
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Planning and Organising
- Following Instructions and Procedures
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
Person Specification (competence requirement):
- Essential qualifications
- Facilities management qualification
- NEBOSH or IOSH qualification
- Proven track record of facilities management and maintenance
- Proven track record of implementing organisational health & safety systems
- Experience of writing reports and implementing policies and procedures
- Experience of undertaking internal audits in a multi-site organisation
- Experience of using MS Office