Maintenance Technician/ HandymanBack to Vacancies List
Our client are an reputable education establishment seeking a hardworking, loyal and experienced Handyperson / Maintenance Technician who is able to turn their hand to multiple skills, trades and tasks. This is a lively University Environment, with varied work and periods which become busy as students arrive from the USA.
This position is temp-perm (6 months minimum) and will require an immediate start.
You will require experience of carrying out tasks such as:
- Basic plumbing – ability to repair or replace taps, waste fittings, toilets, basins, sinks, plumb in a washing machine etc, fitting shower screens, etc.
- Basic electrical – replacing sockets, changing lights, replacing light bulbs, rewiring, etc.
- DIY Jobs – Fixing or replacing locks, blinds, door handles, latches, changing toilet seat, laying down new silicone, etc
- General Carpentry – hanging a door, boxing in, plaster boarding, replacing kitchen cabinets etc.
- Painting, Decorating and Tiling
- Rendering and plastering
- Light portering
- Keeping outside areas clean and tidy
- Undertaking additional duties when required
- Maintaining water softeners
- Helping with delivery of furniture, equipment and supplies
- Setting up meeting rooms and removal of furniture and other supplies.
You must work in a safe manner with regard to your own health and safety and that of others who your work may have an impact on.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
- Ensure health and safety policies are complied
- Previous handyman / maintenance experience
- Reliable and hardworking with a flexible and proactive approach
- Self-motivated and focused, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Physically fit, and capable of moving equipment
- Good time keeping and excellent communication skills
- Polite, punctual and friendly.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Clean and tidy.
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving.
- Good written and spoken skills
To apply for this opportunity, please call 0207 118 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!