Facilities AssistantBack to Vacancies List
We have been assigned by a corporate company to recruit for a Facilities Assistant role to provide support to the Head of Facilities on a daily basis.
- Carrying out facilities setup and induction (e.g., phones, email, keys, contacts, accounts etc.) for new staff and members, ensuring they have everything they need to get started from their first day.
- Setting up telephone and video conferences both on site in our meeting rooms and remotely.
- Ensuring that various supplies are fully stocked at all times, replenishing when running low. This includes but is not limited to: stationery, paper, toner, kitchen supplies such as milk / tea / coffee, first aid kits, hand sanitiser and meeting room confectionery.
- Assisting in the administrative arrangements for events. This includes moving chairs, desks and furniture and collaborating with the Marketing Team to achieve the best layout.
- Assisting the Head of Facilities with the telephone system and IT system, including: patching lines; adding/removing users/extensions/direct-dial numbers/speed dials; setting the night-service message; keeping an up-to-date telephone extension and direct dial list for all members and staff.
- Assisting in the administration and coordination of all routine repair and preplanned maintenance including: photocopiers; printers; fax machines; lift; airconditioning.
- Daily floor checks of each building to ensure all fire exits are clear and in working order, ensuring the building is hazard free, check cleanliness levels of all spaces, and alerting the Head of Facilities to any issues.
- Daily checks of all meeting rooms to make sure that they are in presentable order and ready to be used by staff of members.
- Organising the collection of confidential waste and toner cartridge recycling.
- Dealing with day-to-day IT enquiries from members and staff, liaising with our IT consultants where necessary.
- Liaise with our IT consultants on a weekly basis to make sure current projects are on track and that any ongoing IT issues are brought to their attention.
- Assisting in the co-ordination and response to immediate facilities and administrative problems as they arise and contacting external contractors where needed.
- Coordinating any works onsite: making members aware of any possible disturbances.
- Ensuring that print rooms are fully stocked with paper, toner and other stationery required.
- Making travel arrangements, including booking hotels, for the barristers and informing them of bookings and restrictions.
- Completing the necessary finance admin for minor expenditure on facilities and communicating with the Head of Facilities on any spending.
- Responsibility for the presentation and appearance of buildings, especially the front of house and client-facing areas. This includes the occasional cleaning of some areas that are inaccessible to the cleaners.
- Providing front of house cover and answering calls in the receptionists’ absence.
Experience and Skills Required
- Manages a demanding workload of day to day duties and reacting quickly to incoming tasks in a busy office environment.
- Articulate and confident communicator with a professional telephone manner.
- Good teamwork skills and experience of working collaboratively with colleagues of various levels.
- Good attention to detail and commitment to a high quality service to members, colleagues and clients
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to undertake a large amount of manual handling. (Training will be given).