Looking for a challenging and rewarding leadership role in the engineering industry?
Join our client’s team and be part of a dynamic and innovative organisation.
Working in a major skyscraper in the City, you will be responsible for a team of multi skilled Technicians & deputising for the General Manager/Associate, Engineering in his/her absence.
You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and supervising all aspects of M&E system operations, planned preventative maintenance (PPM), reactive maintenance of the M&E and building fabric and will supervise the service desk function and coordinate small repairs.
• Using tact and diplomacy ensure good communications to all stakeholders on issues relating to the day-today operation of the property.
• Take ownership and pursue effective communications with the Occupiers in order to build positive working relationships.
• Manage and supervise the Senior Technicians, Technicians and specialist contractors when they are undertaking planned and reactive maintenance in accordance with, or better than, HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
• Manage, appraise, develop and mentor direct reports in line with the company’s policy.
• Supervise staff performance and conduct on a day-to-day basis to ensure professional and productive performance is provided by all team members.
• Ensure staff are suitable trained and regularly drilled on the safe and proper operation of all M&E plant and operating systems. Plan and arrange staff training in line with the company’s training matrix.
• Ensure site processes and procedures are adhered to by all maintenance personnel.
• To proactively manage third party contractors, building positive relationships and working in partnership with them to resolve contractual or technical issues.
• Be responsibly available to support emergency incidents outside of normal working hours.
• To fulfil any other duties reasonably necessary in the interest of the smooth and efficient operation of the property.
• Maintain accurate records of works completed and associated financial costs. Provide a monthly financial report to the Associate, Engineering and/or General Manager, working within allocated budget authority.
• Obtain quotations and instruct purchase orders for repairs and small projects.
Systems & processes
• Identify, forward plan and coordinate all maintenance activities. Providing a regular report on planned maintenance and works in progress.
• Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the M&E services, organising the maintenance team and supply chain to meet the objectives and annual planned maintenance.
• Maintain clear and legible records appertaining to operations, PPM schedule, reactive maintenance, the emergency maintenance systems and other engineering, building fabric records including operation and maintenance manuals and drawings.
• Ensure a proactive approach is taken to service delivery and fault resolution.
• Ensure statutory compliance is maintained in line with the site and company procedures and that all noncompliance matters are escalated to the Technical Services Manager and General Manager immediately.
• Ensure the company’s permit to work processes are always followed by the maintenance team. Ensure regular spot checks of works being carried out under a permit to work are enforced.
• Ensure all aspects of health and safety are maintained in line with the site and task specific risk assessment and method statement.
• Assist in the preparation of operational processes, procedures and emergency plans.
• To act as an Authorised Person for the M&E systems where trained and appointed to do so.
• Prepare operational and managerial reports.
• Carry out regular quality audits of the maintenance standards.
• To ensure a robust handover process between shifts is achieved at all times and shift reports are clear, concise and offer a suitable level of information.
• An in date HVAP1 or HVAP4 ticket and experience of being an appointed HV/AP or SAP
• A relevant professional qualification- ideally Eng.Tech/I.Eng.
• Valid IOSH Managing Safely Qualification
• Strong team leader and managerial experience
• A Minimum of 3 years’ experience gained within a multi-discipline hard and soft services environment in a managerial role
• A good working knowledge of assets such as plumbing; HVAC systems, controls, refrigeration and electrical/mechanical and experience managing cooling towers.
• Prior experience of Building Management Systems.
• Experience in managing electronic PPM management systems e.g. Concept Evolution or equivalent.
• Be conversant with current Health and Safety legislation with experience of managing safe working practices and statutory compliance.
• Prior experience of managing a permit to process.