Maxwell Stephens, the UK’s leading facilities management recruitment company, have been appointed by the client to find a Facilities Manager in South London.
About the role
The role will require you to manage all aspects of the facilities function across three sites and communities. Ensuring high quality services is met with a strong customer focus on delivery and communication. Scheduling of all planned preventative maintenance tasks, ensuring appropriate allocation of tasks, monitoring and recording of delivery and findings is maintained and agreed reporting is provided to support longer term asset management planning.
You will lead the facilities team (incorporating Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Administrators, Gardener and Laundry Assistants), establishing a high performing and customer focussed culture which is well placed to adapt and respond to changing demands and circumstances
Your role will require you to be responsible for ensuring compliance with all appropriate regulatory responsibilities including Health & Safety obligations, that staff are appropriately trained, working practices are regularly reviewed/audited and systems and processes are put in place to support delivery in line with requirements and best practice.
The role will require you to manage the procurement for subcontracted services, facilities and maintenance equipment as appropriate, ensuring value for money is achieved and works are carried out to appropriate standards and agreed specifications
Contribute to the Estates and facilities risk register through identification of risks and effective implementation and management of controls to minimise risk to animals, staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Proven experience in managing and motivating a multi-disciplinary facilities team.
• Recognised level 6 qualification in Facilities Management or a relevant discipline and/or the ability to demonstrate significant relevant experience in a facilities management environment.
• Membership of the IWFM or similar relevant professional body.
• Recognised Health and Safety Qualification eg IOSH, NEBOSH, etc.
• Good standard of written English and numeracy and competent user of MS Office and IT systems
• Significant interpersonal and consultative skills, including the ability to communicate, present, negotiate, influence and build credibility with colleagues and external parties
• Available to respond to and advise on/resolve problems and emergency situations out of hours.
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.