Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the client for the Head of Maintenance Operations in Central London.
Roles and responsibilities
Lead performance by establishing relevant KPI’s and targets; producing related reports as required; liaise with Estates’ Programmes & Performance team and the Estates Helpdesk as required to produce relevant performance reports.
To undertake Senior Authorised Person duties for designated systems in accordance with permits to work procedures.
Lead the diagnosis and analysis of faults and problems, provide assistance and advice to maintenance staff and contractors as required.
To ensure that the planned preventative maintenance system is effectively implemented and to advise the Assistant Director of any modifications or changes to plant and equipment.
To advise on maintenance requirements of new plant and to ensure proper familiarisation of staff on new plant and equipment.
Closely liaise with Area Facility Managers, sharing information, coordinating inspections and providing support to customers through attendance at meetings, provision of advice, liaison with contractors and dealing with complaints.
Authorisation of goods and materials to ensure cost effective purchasing and adequate stock holdings to meet operational requirements.
Although this is an interim position, the role has potential to become permanent.
• HNC / degree with good knowledge of mechanical & electrical utilities installations.
• IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent is desirable. Some form of professional membership or qualifications leading to membership is also desirable.
• Considerable Management experience and background in utilities, CHP, Steam and District Heating / Energy Systems
• A strong background and experience of the organisation and maintenance operations, that include Electrical & Mechanical plant and systems, as well building Fabric repairs and Maintenance.
• Knowledge of basic employment law, ability to manage and motivate a diverse team of individuals.
• To be conversant with modern methods of energy conservation as applied in heating, air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration, combustion, lighting and energy management
• Budget and cost centre management and awareness to both set and manage delivery of budget
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.