Are you ready to electrify your career?
Imagine working in the heart of history, surrounded by stunning architecture and lush gardens.
We are looking for a dedicated Maintenance Electrician to join our prestigious clients site.
This is not just a job; it's an opportunity to become a part of something truly exceptional.
As a Maintenance Electrician your role will encompass:
• Conducting electrical repairs, minor installations, and mechanical & electrical system testing across the Estate under the guidance of the M&E Supervisor.
• Contributing to our routine planned maintenance program by performing maintenance tasks, minor repairs, and promptly reporting major faults.
• Preparing and conducting safety checks for State, Ceremonial, and official functions.
• Being present at functions and maintenance activities, even during evenings and weekends. Your commitment ensures everything runs smoothly and safely.
• Collaborating with and assisting contractors on various Estate projects, including supervising and guiding them through our historic buildings.
• Participating in weekend work as part of our on-site and on-call team rotation.
While you won't have direct reports, you'll play a crucial role in overseeing and directing contractors involved in repair, maintenance, and project work. Day-to-day decision-making will be your responsibility, with support from the M&E Supervisor and your team.
You'll be expected to work 40 hours per week, but flexibility is essential, especially during major events or emergencies. A full car driving licence is required.
The Ideal Candidate:
To shine in this role, you should:
• Be educated to C&G Level 3 in Electrical Installations via a recognized apprenticeship scheme.
• Possess qualifications under the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition, ensuring your familiarity with all electrical installation regulations.
• Demonstrate extensive experience and knowledge of electrics, preferably in building maintenance and minor refurbishments.
• Excel in establishing and maintaining stakeholder/customer relationships, with impeccable communication skills.
• Hold a valid car driving license.
• Embody an approachable, flexible, and "can-do" attitude.
• Be genuinely passionate about customer-driven maintenance services, committed to internal customer service standards and continuous improvement.
• Collaborate seamlessly with colleagues across functions and locations, embracing teamwork.
• Exhibit a knack for problem-solving and a technical understanding of M&E issues.
• Manage a varied workload efficiently with excellent organizational skills.
• Be IT literate, with basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience with a CAFM system and handheld device task management is a plus, as is experience working in Listed Buildings.
Join the Team:
If you're ready to embark on a journey steeped in history and dedicated to maintaining the finest standards, apply now to become a part of our clients team.
This is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something extraordinary.
Our client awaits your electric touch!
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org