Maxwell Stephens have been asked to recruit on behalf of the client for the role of a Project Manager in Central London.
About the role
Your role will be working in close liaison with the teams, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and consultant teams to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards
Maintain project management methodology including adherence to the Property Section Governance and Procurements Rules, document templates and filing systems.
Your role will be managing members of team (Project Supervisors and/or Assistant Project Managers) as required, and ensure individuals are undertaking their duties effectively, that they reach performance standards, and that development needs are identified and addressed
You will be ensuring all financial, tender and contract management procedures comply with Procurement Rules, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
The role will require you to ensure the Asset Information Management for the estate is maintained through good records management practices and project works are appropriately handed over and handed back to Property Section colleagues. This will include updating of drawings, asset information, certificates, contracts etc
Liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
Promoting a culture of health, safety, fire and risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance
• Educated to degree level with substantial experience as a Surveyor (building or engineering), and ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces.
• Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings will be a significant advantage.
• Proven experience to deliver a portfolio of projects, with detailed programme management of works in an occupied and live environment.
• The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential
• Proven Experience of budget management, cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
• A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
• IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD, and ideally experience of programme management software.
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.