Assistant Building ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an Assistant Building Manager to join their leading property company to support the Building Manager with the day to day management and operational activities in line with all health and safety, environmental and company procedures, related general legislation and client/tenant requirements. This includes ensuring the adherence to the budgetary costs and customer service standards and management of onsite personnel.
- To ensure the fabric of the building both externally and internally is maintained and serviced to a high standard in accordance with the management contract and agreed budgets. This includes the achievement of all key performance indicators reference those set by the client and also that of the Company
- Assist with the drafting, control and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the site(s) in conjunction with the Senior Facilities Manager and surveyor as applicable.
- To carry out regular inspection audits of the site(s) and take/organise remedial action if and when required.
- To ensure all health and safety audits carried out in accordance with the planned programme and all follow up actions carried out within due timetable. This also includes ensuring that Meridian is regularly monitored and updated in accordance with all the Health and Safety requirements.
- To ensure fire and other evacuations are carried out on a regular basis in accordance with the health and safety requirements. This includes ensuring the emergency plan and related site maps are continually updated.
- To assist the Building Manager in producing management reports in accordance with the needs of the business, as applicable.
- To oversee and regularly review the work carried out by the contractors to ensure the required standards are achieved and maintained in accordance with the contractual agreement.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Good standard of education
- Previous experience of working within a facilities environment in a supervisory or management role
- Knowledge of the technical aspect of premises management
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- A good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and knowledge of environmental protection requirements, and ideally IOSH qualified.
- IT literate together with an understanding and experience industry specific IT applications
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Service charge experience