Join a Prestigious Team Shaping Historic Excellence
Are you an accomplished Chartered Engineer with a passion for preserving historical legacies?
Are you ready to lead a team of experts in the heart of a revered estate? We are Maxwell Stephens, a renowned recruitment company specialising in facilities management, and we have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Operations Engineer.
In this pivotal role, you'll spearhead the operational activities situated in one of the most iconic locations.
About The Client: Step into a world where tradition meets innovation, where your expertise will contribute to the preservation of esteemed heritage. The esteemed establishment is home to a team of highly skilled professionals committed to maintaining cherished properties. With a relentless pursuit of excellence, they shape the future of historical structures while upholding the values of the past.
The Role: Senior Operations Engineer As a visionary Senior Operations Engineer, you will oversee a dedicated team, ensuring that the operational activities are executed seamlessly. From planned maintenance to specialist term contracts, statutory compliance to reactive maintenance, your leadership will uphold the highest standards while preparing for grand functions and events. Reporting to the Head of the department, your influence will resonate throughout the historic estate.
• Lead, mentor, and manage the Operations Engineering Team, inspiring a commitment to excellence and development.
• Orchestrate the maintenance of building services across the Estate, driving forward policies and standards.
• Manage a diverse portfolio of works, from planning and tendering to project completion, while coordinating with various stakeholders.
• Oversee compliance and risk management, ensuring adherence to statutory duties and regulations.
• Manage financial processes, ensuring cost control and optimal procurement of services.
• Foster stakeholder relationships through effective communication and a diplomatic approach, liaising with both internal and external partners.
• Chartered Engineer (CEng) or equivalent, with expertise in historic or listed buildings and occupied multi-site estates.
• Proven track record in statutory compliance, risk management, and contract supervision.
• Strong project management skills, adapting to evolving circumstances and prioritizing work effectively.
• Adept at budget and contract management within a value-for-money framework.
• Excellent stakeholder management, demonstrating collaboration, diplomacy, and influence at all levels.
• People management proficiency, complemented by contractor relationship expertise.
• Logical problem-solving skills and sound judgement, especially under pressure.
• IT literate, familiar with MS Office, CAD, and Building Management Systems.
Join the Legacy:
Your journey as a Senior Operations Engineer will be defined by the preservation of history and the creation of a lasting legacy. This is your chance to lead a team that shapes the future while honoring the past.
Apply now to take the first step into this distinguished world, where every decision you make reverberates through time.
Maxwell Stephens is expecting a large volume of applications for this role. We’re keen to place the correct person with our client as soon as possible. Therefore, we encourage all interested FM professionals with the experience to successful expedite this role to contact us without delay.