Head of Estates (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens client, an educational establishment, are currently recruiting for a Temporary Head of Estates.
Working Hours: 28-35 hours per week.
You must be immediately available as this is a temporary position for a period of 2-3 months.
The Head of Estates is responsible for overseeing and co-ordinating the facilities provision including: buildings maintenance and refurbishment; delivery of hard and soft services; environmental sustainability; security; statistical returns and Health and Safety. They must ensure the teaching and clinic buildings are managed and maintained efficiently and effectively and conform to all relevant legislative requirements. A key strategic priority for the School is the diminishing lease and potential building redevelopment and/or relocation, a project in which the Head of Estates will play a key role.
- Educated to at least degree level or hold a or relevant professional qualification
- Experience of facilities management, preferably within the Higher Education sector
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, building services, contract management
- Competent in the use of MS Office packages with intermediate Excel skills
- Experience of budget management
- Project Management skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience of reviewing facilities strategy and implementing effective change that leads to innovative ways of working and deliver value for money
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Experience or knowledge of overseeing compliance with current Health & Safety requirements
- NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
- Experience in working in the healthcare or higher educational sector
- Qualification in Facilities Management
- Experience of managing outsourced services
- Experience of managing a team
- Up to date Legionella Management training
If interested, please call the friendly team at Maxwell Stephens on 0207 118 4848 OR send your CV across to email@example.com today!