Facilities Co-ordinatorBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens are delighted to be working on behalf of our client, whom are a barristers’ chambers located in Central London.
- Applications are sought for the position of Facilities Co-Ordinator.
- This is a standalone role where you will provide assistance in ensuring that all the facilities at our client’s offices are running effectively and efficiently.
- Reports directly to the board level.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate, including through appropriate and relevant experience, that they can meet the requirements of the job description. They should have administration/facilities experience, and be able to manage a demanding workload in a busy office environment. The successful candidate will be highly computer literate, well-organised and committed to high quality service delivery.
The Facilities Co-Ordinator will:
- Liaise with all external facilities contractors including landlord
- Review suppliers on a regular basis to maintain service levels and value for money
- Be responsible for the administration of all routine repair and maintenance programmes, including printers, photocopiers, lift and air-conditioning
- Oversee the presentation and appearance of buildings, especially the front of house and client-facing areas
- Co-ordinate and respond to immediate facilities and administrative issues as they arise
- Assist with compliance on particular areas, including Health & Safety, Fire Regulations, IT Security and Disability Audits
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery Plan and supporting documents are kept up-to-date
- Organise the collection of confidential waste and toner cartridge recycling, secure IT disposal and furniture removal
- Deal with day-to-day IT enquiries from members and staff, liaising with IT consultants
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the telephone system, including patching lines, adding/removing users/extensions/direct dial numbers/speed dials, setting the night service message, keeping an up-to-date telephone extension and direct dial list for all members and staff, and producing monthly reports on telephone usage
- Set up video conferences, Skype calls and & webinars
- Assist in the administrative arrangements for events organised including setting out the meeting rooms
- Where required, assist in general administration, reception cover and taking papers and documents to court
- Make travel arrangements, including hotel bookings, for the barristers and inform them of bookings and restrictions
- Ensure all invoices relating to utilities and suppliers are checked and passed to finance for processing
- Administer petty cash in the absence of the HR and Office Manager
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Facilities and Administration Assistant
- Arrange moves of new members and internal moves
- Be “on call” 24 hours and at weekends to respond to occasional urgent admin, IT & security issues when necessary
- Participation in the development of our client
- The post-holder will be expected to play an active role in occasional meetings of the full Staff Team and in other meetings as appropriate.
What our client can offer you
- The post is full-time.
- The position is paid on a scale starting at £38,801, rising with length of service and assessed performance in post.
- Working hours – 40 hours per week.
- 23 days’ holiday (increasing by one day for each year of service up to a maximum of 27 days).
- Opening hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm. Our client operates a rota to ensure that the office is covered during this time, but the Facilities Co-Ordinator would usually be expected to work 9am-6pm. This may be reviewed and changed to reflect the needs of the office.
- You will be automatically enrolled into the group pension Scheme. You can opt out of this.
- Bike to Work scheme.
- Three months’ probationary period.
- An interest free travel loan is available
- Three months’ notice period.