Office Manager and ReceptionistBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful property firm, are seeking an Office Manager to join their team.
The primary role of an Office Manager is to maintain a pleasant and safe work environment.
The Office Manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day to day operation.
This position would suit a highly proactive person who is flexible with excellent organisational skills, and proven experience operating within a challenging and diverse business.
- Organise the office layout and co-ordinate desk moves
- Order stationery – general supplies and corporate branded stationery/merchandise
- Maintain the office environment and arrange necessary repairs
- Manage and arrange office operations and procedures
- Co-ordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Provide general support to visitors by providing safety and welfare inductions
- Organise staff access passes and carry out regular audit checks on all access passes
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with the landlord, contractors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Review suppliers/contractors Risk Assessments / Method Statement
- Manage Health and Safety procedures
- Co-ordinate Fire Warden and First Aid training
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers
- Financial management for purchase orders and invoices.
- Co-ordinate the issue of Corporate Credit Cards to employees. Act as first point of contact for the Cardholders
- Co-ordinate social and corporate events
- Staff the reception desk, ensuring cover at all times
- Answer all internal/external phone calls promptly, screening calls and acting as a ‘gatekeeper’ where necessary
- Update and manage meeting room calendars accurately, ensuring all meetings/room bookings are kept up to date, accommodating the changing needs of internal staff as required
- Welcome all external guests on arrival (providing hospitality as required)
- Be supportive to colleagues
- Monitor the security of the building at the reception / be security conscious and act accordingly
- Coordinate catering and hospitality requirements for internal and external staff punctually and to a high standard
- Manage and organize the incoming and outgoing post
- Arrange and coordinate any courier services
- Arrange reception cover during times of planned absence
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative, decisive, resourceful and quick to see the priorities
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resilient, with strong team focus
- Decision making
- Delegation of authority and responsibility
- Experience in managing health and safety aspects of a corporate office environment
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 903 4265 to discuss in more detail.