Cost Manager – (QS)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful service provider, are seeking an experienced Cost Manager – (QS) to join their team. The role is to work as a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a contract to provide services as a Facilities Management Integrator. This is a hands-on role; hence the candidate must have the ability to work with cross-functional teams and deliver results.
- To ensure that the work orders are verified as per the terms of the Supplier contractual agreements.
- To manage a team of quantity surveyors (Swindon).
- To ensure supplier disputes are resolved expeditiously.
- To prepare reports, both regular and adhoc.
- To prepare estimates of project works for Client budgetary review and approval.
To monitor progress on major projects.
- To assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Set up and manage systems appropriate for the commercial verification of work orders.
- Ensure that the work orders are verified as per the Supplier contract agreements in terms of commercial values, rates, measures / quantities and material costs.
- Liaise with team members, assist in prioritising team work load, and ensure verified work orders are promptly processed.
- Timely communication with the supplier on all disputed work orders.
- Liaise with the Supplier, other team members and Client to ensure speedy resolution of supplier work order disputes.
- Produce all regular and ad-hoc reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with production of budgets and forecasts for the project and monitor actual performance vis-à-vis forecasts.
- Report against commercial management deliverables and KPI’s.
- Produce estimates of project works for Client budgetary review and approval.
- Monitor progress against plan on major projects.
- Produce ROC Forward Works Plans.
- Review of supply chain quotations/tenders for Minor Works Projects to ensure costs are aligned with contracted rates.
- Assist the MPS in the development of scopes and specifications for Minor New Works projects.
- Carry out on-site valuations of work done to produce valuation certificates for Minor New Works Projects.
- Carry out benchmarking reviews of all supply chain costs to ensure VFM is achieved.
- Participate in supplier tender evaluations.
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Communicates clearly to inform and influence others on what they need to know, when they need to know it; uses effective methods to deliver message.
- Works effectively with others and maintains constructive relationships within the team, across the business and externally
- Has sound knowledge of budgets and manages activity to improve commercial performance
- Commits to putting customers first and delivers high quality service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- The commitment to Safety First – Always and the drive for continual improvement in this area.
- Understand company processes and the impact that actions and decisions have on the business.
- Follows up on commitments to progress work and takes appropriate action to meet challenges.
- Ability to record, manage and utilise data to provide meaningful information on which management of the Project and Suppliers can be rationally based.
- Communication and influencing – establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others
- Organisational skills – plans well in advance, manages own time, reviews progress against plan, encourages improvements
- Results orientation – satisfies internal/external customers, effective performance management, addresses cross functional issues and technical issues, knowledge of systems and processes
- Interpersonal skills – builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance
- Values – lives and endorses the company values.
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.