FM Technical Services ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful service provider, are seeking an experienced FM Technical Services Manager to join their team.
Core Responsibilities and Duties
The client is based within the Greater London Area with approximately four hundred sites of varying complexity; the FM Technical Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring that a diverse supply chain delivers all Planned Maintenance, Statutory Inspections and Planned/Statutory Remedial Works safely and effectively as per the Supplier’s service specification, and in accordance with statutory/legislative requirements, industry standards and best practice to these sites.
This role will report directly into the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management and will have line management responsibility for the PPM Co-ordinator.
· Reviewing Supplier’s planned maintenance programmes to ensure that they are compliant with the contract and providing feedback where gaps are identified
· Ensure that all work carried out by the Suppliers is performed as per the client’s maintenance strategy and in accordance with all legislative/statutory requirements. The FM Technical Services Manager is to ensure that the Suppliers work is of a high standard and ensures the best value for money
· To ensure that all Statutory Inspection documentation is document verified as defined by the requirements of the contract and any failures are highlighted and rectified by the Supplier.
· Provide focused and user-friendly management reports to stakeholders on the progress of the Supplier’s maintenance deliverables, this is to include highlighting areas of non-compliance and identifying trends.
· Attending project pre-starts, progress and handover meetings in a client capacity throughout the Greater London area and ensuring that the client’s soft landings approach is achieved with regards to Asset change, warranty information and checking of documentation/certification (including Operation and Maintenance manuals). As part of this requirement the FM Technical Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring all areas of concern are documented and highlighted.
· Owning and regularly updating the Planned Works Order manual.
· Updating the Asset register and planned maintenance requirements following completion of project handovers and ensuring Service Change Requests (SCR) are raised as and when required.
· Ensuring effective management of all planned preventative maintenance activity within the defined areas including tracking the suppliers statutory, legal, planned and remedial maintenance tasks to completion.
· Assessing the performance of all estate assets, with regards to the maintenance strategy, and ensuring optimum performance is achieved at the lowest operating cost whilst maintaining the operational integrity and life of the assets.
· Providing technical advice to other integrator functions, including advice on urgent reactive jobs, cost enquiries and complex building service solutions
· Being a stakeholder in client shutdowns and liaising with other stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that all planned work is completed within the required timeframes.
· To utilise their own technical knowledge and the CAFM system to answer enquiries regarding technical audits.
· Provide well thought out solutions to problems that arise as part of the maintenance service delivery
· Identify, communicate and manage improvement opportunities including highlighting cost saving initiatives that represent value for money.
· Review and assessment of latest technology to support the maintenance and investment strategy
· Reviewing the Supply Chain’s Key Performance Indicators and providing feedback on mitigation and judgement on whether they have met the required client standard.
· To assist the Soft Services Manager with the delivery of soft planned services as and when requested by the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management
· Supporting the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management with on-site interface with the client’s representatives
· Assisting with the tendering process for new suppliers; including reviewing and providing feedback with regards to contractual documents (Specification of Requirements, maintenance requirements etc.) and providing feedback on ITT (Invitation to Tender) and PQQ (Pre-Qualifying Questionnaires) documents.
· Assisting with the mobilisation and exit of Suppliers
· Chairing and present at meetings as and when required
· Ensure the adoption of the clients Quality and HSE policies and procedures throughout the area of responsibility
· Ensure compliance with the clients management procedures and processes including the code of business conduct
· Oversee the development of staff to enhance the performance and capability of the Integrator
· Deputise for the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management as and when required
· Other duties commensurate with the role as directed by the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management.
· Computer skills
· Customer Service
· Problem Solving
Qualifications, Experience and skills
Experience and Skills:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following essential characteristics;
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they have a history of the below which are essential requirements in this role;
This role will be mainly a desk-based role and the successful applicant will not be ‘on the tools.’
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.