Category Manager (Hard FM)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful service provider, are seeking an experienced Category Manager (Hard FM) to join their team.
This business segment delivers Facilities Management Integration (FMI) services for a number of public sector organisations, including programme management, service delivery management, procurement, subcontract management, supply chain management and design services. As part of this role, the client is seeking the right candidate to deliver best in class FM procurement and subcontract services on behalf of our clients.
The position requires a strong candidate with in FM and/or demonstrable knowledge of the FM market in London and the UK. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the procurement, subcontracts management and claim management in the FM sector. The candidate must be able to work independently under supervision of the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager whilst working collaboratively with clients in the Public Sector. The candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of all procurement and subcontract management activities for the assigned packages and will accountable for its flawless execution and the delivery of value for money.
The role will perform, under minimal supervision, the full range of market engagement, procurement and subcontract administration activities associated with the sourcing and delivery of Hard FM services. The successful candidate will be accountable for performance and results.
The candidate must demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following key responsibility areas:
- Developing to procurement strategies and recommending the most adequate route to market for each service.
- Providing input in the packaging strategy for services based on the capability and capacity of the market.
- Undertaking large or complex FM packages, generally within the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Developing all tendering documentation required for prequalification, invitation to tenders, tender evaluation and award recommendation and as required by the project or client.
- Developing all documentation as required by the Public Contracts Regulations.
- Developing pricing strategies for FM services.
- Supporting Category Managers for Hard and Soft FM and Projects.
- Managing all assigned subcontracts.
- Delivering post award value for money and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain and service delivery teams.
- Working with clients in a collaborative manner whilst providing robust advice.
- Realising benefits targeted by during the procurement of FM services.
- Reviewing the expenditure for the assigned subcontracts and negotiating bespoke rates with suppliers.
- Negotiating rates, when required, and exploring gain-share mechanism with suppliers.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Degree on a relevant discipline or relevant qualifications and experience
- A demonstrable experience equivalent to 5 years’ experience managing FM procurement and contract management
- Pro-activeness and can-do attitude
- Ability to interface with clients
- Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Other valuable experience:
- Experience and knowledge delivering procurements and subcontracts under Public Contracts Regulations.
- Experience and knowledge on the FM NEC3 and JCT contract forms.
- Experience working in one of the Tier 1 FM contractors.
- Functional – Head of Procurement, Government Services EMEA.
- Delivery – Subcontracts Manager, FMI services.
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at email@example.com or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.