Procurement Specialist (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a successful service provider, are now looking for a Procurement Specialist to join their team on a temporary basis.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- General ad-hoc duties include:
- To carry out procurement activities, in-line with Company processes, through enquiry to award stages for both products and services.
- Use of Microsoft Outlook for email and diary management to support Procurement and Project Teams.
- Working with other departments to compile and prepare departmental documentation for publication.
- Maintenance of their filing systems and databases.
- Co-ordination and preparation of papers for meetings. The individual must also be confident to chair meetings as and when required.
- Assist with office administration requirements within the Procurement community as and when required.
- Ensure Full adherence to the Compliance and Business Conduct Policies.
- Ensure Full compliance with the Health, Safety, Environment and Employment Policies.
- Responsible for maintaining and closing out Purchase Order files (both products and services).
- Contribute to on-going development and improvement of Procurement processes and systems
- Flexibility – Be adaptable in responding to change and uncertainty to deliver what is needed and added value. Level – Good
- Managing priorities and getting tasks completed on time. Level – Good
- Communication skills – Be articulate and engaging. Demonstrate ability across different styles for example, passionate, empathetic, assertive, reflective etc. Level – Proficient
Transferable Competencies for this role:
- Influencing – establishes communication channels, actively listens, clarifies, gives/seeks feedback, clear and concise, persuasive/negotiates with others.
- Organisational skills – plans in advance, sets clear objectives, manages time/delegates, reviews progress against plan.
- Interpersonal skills – builds positive relationships, demonstrates emotionally stability, confident in own ability, approachable to all staff, shows respect and tolerance.
- Maintain a proactive, efficient, professional and ethical approach to each task set.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
To provide support to procurement activities on projects as part of the GS EMEA Procurement Department.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths & English
- Confident in use of all Microsoft tools and how to manipulate information and data in Excel.
- Experience of working within a procurement team with commitment authority to negotiate and award Orders for both products and services
- Experience & Skills:
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Articulate with a good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm & Flexibility
- Ability to display initiative and work well in a fast paced environment
- Be well organised and maintain a tidy environment, adaptable and dedicated to the tasks in hand
- Be honest, conscientious, well presented, highly motivated, with first class interpersonal skills
- Good team player, also able to work independently
- Negotiation and relationship management with an active Supply Chain
- Maintaining best procurement practices
- Process driven
If you believe you have all the required experience, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 118 4848 to discuss in more detail.