Senior Portfolio ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading service provider are looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager to join their team to be responsible for ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the operational functions.
You will be required to work with the senior management team and contribute to the development and implementation and embedding of organisational strategies, policies and practices.
This role will ensure the delivery of commercial and operational leadership through strategic management, growth of the portfolio and the development of staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for embedding positive Health, Well-Being and Zero Harm Safety standards and behaviours across the business in line with Strategy and Policies
- Demonstrate effective decision making, demonstrating consistent ability to reconcile competing needs for company resources, effectively and efficiently
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for Customer Relationship Management in conjunction with the Service Directors.
- P&L responsibility for ALL Operational Contracts within their remit, setting and adhering to annual budgets set in conjunction with Service Directors and Finance
- Overall responsibility for Quality Standards and Quality of Services delivered to ALL Operational Contracts
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for the development and management of all Business processes, both technological and procedural
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for the training and development of ALL Operational staff in conjunction with HR and Training Colleagues
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for Continuous Improvement through the identification of commercial and/or service delivery innovations
- Project Management and mobilisation of contracts
- Driving and promoting processes and standards into the team ensuring full compliance
- To represent all Customer and service delivery matters
- To understand the working relationship between the client their our customers to ensure effective relationship management at all levels
- To ensure effective customer relationship management is embedded within all operational management functions
- Manage service delivery to ensure outstanding customer service to the client, customers, visitors and communities in which we operate.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are managed, developed and implemented to meet the needs of the client
- Ensuring KPI’s are managed and achieved to ensure service standards and clients’ expectations are met
- Provide regular reports and attend planned and ad hoc meetings with client representatives to ensure service delivery satisfaction.
- To implement and maintain mechanisms for establishing customer feedback
- To develop a network of customer, colleague and industry networks that supports Business and People development
- Be an ambassador and evangelist for Health, Well-being and Safety matters, taking a proactive approach to Health and Safety Management and promote good habits, safe methods of work and continuous feedback mechanisms to improve Health, Well-being & Safety
- Drive organisational effectiveness by challenging service delivery and operational models for effectiveness and efficiency
- To manage and develop the Management and Operational delivery teams and individual colleagues to maximise competence, procedural adherence, service efficiencies, service standards and development possibilities
- Be an ambassador and evangelist for Talent Management processes and challenge Senior Management to meet corporate and personal development targets
- Embed, maintain and develop a strong team ethic
- Demonstrate understanding of a diverse workforce
- Ensure all staff are inducted successfully into the business, supported by HR
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for all Health and Safety Operational Processes, including RAMS; Audit; COSHH; PPE and Health and Safety Plans co-ordinated by HSEQ Team
- Develop and adhere to all client systems, policies and procedures
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for Customer commercial requests including quotations for clients using Amonet, ensuring that work is scheduled, completed and then invoiced accordingly
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for relevant staff use of the Amonet system, effectively efficiently and appropriately.
- Ensuring all people related processes are adhered to including On-boarding (Starter, Leaver, Induction) Resource Management (T&A; timesheet collation), Compliance (right to work checks) and Appraisals (performance levels) are maintained
- Embed colleague inclusion in a diverse workforce
- Take ownership, responsibility and accountability for on-site Stock Management including the collection and submission of all site stock sheets in accordance with stock delivery schedule
- Ensure all staff obey site and rules and standards and deliver services to the required standard, including personal hygiene, appearance and adherence to uniform policy
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the organisation and the overall business objectives
Experience / Skills
- 5+ years in a similar client facing management role within the soft services industry
- IOSH qualification
- Demonstrably effective decision maker
- Extensive Commercial Office, Vertical and Public realm experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience of working with business process systems (CAFM)
- Good knowledge of Circular Economy; Waste Management; Waste Streams
- Commercially Astute
- Hosts the gravitas to interface with Senior Business Stakeholders and the humility to interact effectively at all levels with clients, staff, and members of the public and to represent the client in a competent and professional manner
- People and Team Management experience
- A quality driven manager of people, systems and service whose leadership and experience ensure the services are provided to the highest standard
- A proactive thinker who is always looking to improve service
- Good communication skills, written and oral, at all levels
- Good time management and delegation skills
- Ability to react effectively to problem situations and emergencies
- IT literate, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel etc
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the customer and business.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please contact one of the Maxwell Stephens team on 0207 118 4848 for more details. You can also send your CV to email@example.com.