Estates Manager (PFI Contract) – Ref 699Back to Vacancies List
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be leading a team responsible for the front line management of the day-to-day delivery of FM services to a PFI Contract. This will encompass all aspects of FM included within the agreed SLAs including the management of in-house and outsourced resources to deliver both hard and soft services. This includes the effective management and delivery of planned preventative maintenance programs, responding to the ‘reactive’ needs of the client, to ensure continuous improvement and financial performance within agreed budgets.
The Estates Manager will have sole financial responsibility for performance of the contract and take an active role in ensuring deductions and unavailability penalties are kept to a minimum.
- Line management responsibility for finance assistant, helpdesk operative and maintenance Supervisor
- Build solid relationship with SPV Manager to ensure interests are protected.
- Establish key relationships with Contract Representatives from the NHS trust and JV partner.
- Attend meetings with Stakeholders to monitor and improve service delivery.
- Ensure the Site Team remember that they represent company and their manner must be courteous and professional at all times.
- Ensure the contract is delivered to agreed budgetary parameters and manage monthly financial commitment, and maximise revenues and optimise overall expenditure across the contract.
- Delivery of hard and soft services including ‘front line’ repair and/or establishment of reactive M&E requirements and site / desk checking of Service Partner works.
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the Operating Contract, Statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all FM services
- Ensure that works are delivered in a timely manner to avoid PMS and Unavailability deductions, along with effectively managing in-house and outsourced resources to deliver both hard and soft services.
- Work with Commercial and Procurement Teams to ensure that all works are undertaken by the most cost effective manner using either self-delivery or suppliers.
- Bring previous supply chain knowledge to assist in the development of a high performing supply chain.
- Build relationships with Service partners and attend regular planned meetings where appropriate and ensure full co-operation as and when required.
- Manage Service Partners and suppliers in conjunction with contract documents and client requirements.
- Encourage, motivate & develop site based teams, monitor progress, undertake performance reviews.
- Achieve and improve KPI objectives for the contract organisations and internal service provision assigned to carry out duties, this will include that all contractual self monitoring audits are completed to an agreed standard by Facilities Managers and Site Teams.
- Quality and performance management of all services including monthly performance reporting, both internally and externally, and maintenance of the site document registry.
- Maintain FM management systems for site based operations to ensure that jobs are appropriately logged and reported.
- Assisting with resourcing and managing project works including, but not limited to, equipment upgrades and building and M&E asset replacements.
- Liaise with all levels of the organisational hierarchy.
- Liaison with, and reporting to, the customer within the agreed reporting process.
- Ensure the cultivation of innovation and best practice and share across the wider business unit.
- Be available to respond and deal with any incidents that occur during out of normal hours emergency situations as part of a staff on-call rota system, along with being obtainable via phone 24/7.
- Previous experience of management of FM Contracts and influence change where required, along with customer facing attitude and excellent team building / people management skills
- PFI Health Care Experience
- Lifecycle Management
- Project Mangement experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate (H&S)
- Have experience in coaching and influence teams
- Services management experience of people and commercial issues
- Must satisfy a CRB check and heath check
- Good communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Analytical/ influence decisions/ Strong negotiator
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring including relevant experience
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 or similar quality system
- Well developed co-ordination skills
- Available to respond to out of normal hours emergency situations
- Professional Member of BIFM
- Qualified to ONC/HNC standard in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Building Services or Building
- Market/ Commercial Awareness