Engineering Manager – Ref 770Back to Vacancies List
Our client, a large organisation are seeking an engineering manager to be responsible for the leadership, strategy, tactical development, budgets, decision making and execution in relation to maintenance of a portfolio of a large group of buildings in and around the South East of England.
As Engineering Manager you direct and manage and direct a mixed team of Engineers. You’ll also provide ad hoc technical support to resolve issues and learn from them and to enable the team to deliver long-term site solutions.
The role requires an understanding of modern maintenance techniques and procedures as well as a good working operational knowledge of corporate office buildings. The person must be capable of ensuring quick reaction to daily business needs and be able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy in developing improvement strategies and action plans
You will be responsible for delivering excellence in maintenance execution. You’ll provide ad hoc technical support to resolve issues and capture learning’s to enable the team to deliver long-term site solutions.
This is a pivotal role at our clients site and we’re really keen to find someone with the drive and passion to develop a long-term career in our business.
What you’ll need:
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of systems and people.
- Minimum HND in a relevant Mechanical/Electrical discipline but ideally educated to degree level.
- Awareness of modern maintenance techniques.
- Leadership, coaching and mentoring skills as you will be managing and developing a team engineers, planners and apprentices.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organisational and team leadership.