Building Services Engineer – Ref 773Back to Vacancies List
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a building services engineer to join a well-known and highly successful institution in London.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your engineering career then this could be the ideal position for you.
Who we’re looking for:
Due to growth, our client are now looking to add an additional resource to develop and deliver M&E engineering services to meet our clients priorities, through a range of service providers.
- You will act as focal point on maintenance issues for departments across the portfolio as required.
- Lead the preparation, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects and programmes, including:- Planned works, Long Term Maintenance, one-off projects and business improvement work-streams.
- Respond as necessary to identify and manage the resolution of reported breakdowns, faults and problems.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission of our client.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards; manage tender process, service delivery and the performance of service providers, including contractors and as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
- Manage/undertake inspections, surveys, risk assessments, feasibility studies and diagnostic fault finding and initiate appropriate actions; establish the most practical and effective resolution of problems.
- Maintain up to date knowledge to carry out professional services activities e.g. Dilapidation assessments, insurance assessment and claims, third party wall, DDA, Building Regulations, historic buildings etc.
- Manage maintenance projects ensuring compliance with specifications, cost estimates and timescales.
- Prepare regular management/performance information to Management Team as required.
- Manage delegated budgets for assigned programmes and service provisions.
- Liaise frequently with other Estates Project Managers to ensure that maintenance needs arising from new construction and major refurbishment are recognised, recorded and planned for.
- Ensure the accurate and timely compilation and maintenance of essential records and data; maintain relevant records, inputting data to systems as required; assist in the compilation of detailed asset registers.
- Drive Contractor management (Financial, Quality, Site management/safety, and Performance) taking ownership as client representative on project works, service delivery within role.
About our client:
Our client are a large institution with numerous buildings across Central London. They rank well in terms of their peers and are a highly respected organisation in their industry.
What’s on offer:
A rate of £20 per hour is available PAYE (and slightly higher if you wanted LTD) is available for the successful candidate, as well as this the client offers a fantastic working environment working for one of the UK’s leading employers. If you are made permanent after the initial temporary period there is also an attractive benefits package on offer including generous pension contributions and over 30 days holiday.
Not forgetting the long term opportunity of further career development and progression.
How to apply:
If you feel this role matches your skills and experience we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking for experienced engineering professionals and regularly have new opportunities available, so if you feel this role isn’t suitable for you, we would welcome any speculative applications that would allow us to keep your details on file for any future roles that may become available.
At Maxwell Stephens we aim to respond to all applications we receive within 7 days, however sometimes due to the high volume of applications we receive we are sometimes unable to respond individually to each candidate. If you have not heard from us after 7 days you can therefore assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion however we would encourage you to apply for any suitable vacancies that become available in the future.