Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
This is an exciting opportunity for a facilities professional who wants the opportunity to progress their career. As the Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the front line management of the day-to-day delivery of FM services to a PFI Contract, comprising one Secondary School and one Primary School.
- Lead a team of 20 staff responsible for the front line management of the day-to-day delivery of FM services to a PFI Contract.
- All aspects of FM included within the agreed SLAs including the management of in-house and outsourced resources to deliver both hard and soft services.
- Line management responsibility for Site Manager, Facilities Supervisor, grounds maintenance and cleaning and catering team.
- Establish key relationships with Contract Representatives from the Local Authority and Schools.
- Attend meetings with Stakeholders to monitor and improve service delivery.
- Ensure the Site Team remember that they represent the client and their manner must be courteous and professional at all times.
- Ensure the contract is delivered to agreed budgetary parameters and manage monthly financial commitment, and maximise revenues and optimise overall expenditure across the contract.
- Ensure that all aspects of service outputs are delivered to comply with the Operating Contract, Statutory legislation and good working practice at all times to ensure that H&S management obligations are not compromised in respect of the delivery of all FM services
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience within the PFI arena, especially education sector
- Previous experience of management of FM Contracts and the delivery of soft services on site.
- Have experience in coaching and influence teams
- Services management experience of people and commercial issues
- Good communication skills with the mental agility to ‘think on feet’ and provide convincing practical solutions
- Good “people-management” skills
- Strong analytical skills with a strong bias towards P&L financial management
- Intelligent approach to performance monitoring including relevant experience
- Proficient IT skills, including Excel, Word & Microsoft office
- Experience of working to ISO 9001 or similar quality system
- Available to respond to out of normal hours emergency situations
- Hold a current IOSH or equivalent certification
If you feel you feel this role matches your skills and experience we would love to hear from you. To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org