Commercial ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client is a global real estate company whom offer strong prospects long term. They have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to deliver procurement functions, commercial management, contractor management and contractual services for the delivery of support services.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated with recent commercial experience and management skills to join a professional procurement team. Ideally, you’ll either hold or be working towards the CIPS Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply, or have relevant business related experience.
Key role responsibilities
- Contributing to the continued development and implementation of procurement strategies in the category area to meet strategic requirements of the business, project and the business unit objectives
- Promoting procurement benefits and best practice sourcing principles to stakeholders within the category area
- Ensuring that the portfolio of contracts within the delegated authority and category are managed effectively
- Ensuring service providers perform to service level agreements
- Conducting and managing negotiations within delegated authority, to ensure business requirements are met, driving value for money and ensuring clear processes for effective category / contract management
- Contributing to and implementing agreed performance targets, analysing and reporting to relevant stakeholders Planning and managing future workloads; and
- Contributing to the development of procurement processes and sharing best practice across the procurement area.
- Conduct supplier appointment and / or tender processes
- A proven track record in Leadership of Procurement teams
- The skills and capability to effectively let new contracts
- The ability to manage contract change and manage complex contractual requirements
- The ability in building and sustaining ongoing relationships with suppliers and stakeholders
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills
Maxwell Stephens Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions which can be found at www.maxwellstephens.com