Senior Facilities CoordinatorBack to Vacancies List
An exciting opportunity to work for a Facilities Management company on behalf of a Law Firm based in the City of London.
As Senior Facilities Coordinator, you will support the management team by facilitating successful and productive working relationships between all key stakeholders, end users, the wider FM team and its service providers.
Supporting the Soft Services Manager you will act as the interface between the core business and the FM providers, and as a filter for requests for change from both parties.
You will also support the development and implementation of changes to contracted services to improve service quality. This will reflect best practice FM and as a result aide management in engendering and fostering a partnership approach with the Service Providers built on co-operation, close liaison, honesty and information transparency.
You will also be tasked with assisting with the monitoring, auditing and checking of the currency of the Service Provider’s quality management, performance monitoring and management information systems.
Your role will be to assist with the provision of various FM services to the business, its staff and its visitors which will include health and safety responsibilities, stationery, printing, scanning, waste recycling, pest control and storage.
For success in this role you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude. In addition you will be able to demonstrate;
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within FM and experience of supplier / sub-contractor management, with performance monitoring
- Good working knowledge of standards and legislation as applicable to the FM market
- At least 1 year experience of supervising staff (direct reports)
- Working knowledge of contract cleaning
- Working knowledge of reprographics
- Proven customer service skills gained in a corporate environment
- Broad understanding of Soft Services including mailroom, archiving, pest control and vending
- Willingness and ability to deal with “emergencies” 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and to attend premises to supervise and monitor contractors “out of hours”, including weekends.
If you could describe yourself as approachable, cheerful, helpful and presentable and you can demonstrate the above experience and you would like to apply for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com.