Assistant Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
We have an exciting opportunity to work for our Service Provider client on their global media contract in Central London. Our client require a focused Assistant Facilities Manager to assist the Facility Manager in the management of service delivery across their dynamic site.
You will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of facilities services to customer satisfaction.
- Promote a high level of satisfaction among client users by promptly responding to their service requirements.
- Co-ordinate daily floor inspections ensuring all spaces are presentable and in correct working condition
- Ensures compliance with provider and client best practice, policies and procedures.
- Acts as go-to person in relation to all FM related activities on site ensuring potential roadblocks are identified and removed
- Maintain role as secondary contact for user relative to service requests ensuring all requests are actioned within agreed timeframe.
- Assist with the management of desk moves throughout the office working with relevant teams
- Holds a close working relationship with all of the vendors to ensure that they fully understand The Client culture and are made to feel part of the team delivering a high quality service.
- Attends and conducts monthly vendor meetings to track performance and spend
- Promotes a team working environment by performing the prescribed duties personally or in conjunction with other members of the FM team, including service provider personnel.
- Direct supervision of 1 facilities co-ordinator and ad hoc supervision of 3 events technicians in an ever expanding team
- Co-ordinate the delivery of facilities service requests using client CAFM systems, from task creation through to completion
- Proven track record in FM contracts in a professional environment.
- Experience within a global organisation would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a creative /social media environment would be beneficial
- Demonstrate successful contract management and office management
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong vendor and customer relationships
- Experience in financial management and budgeting while identifying cost savings/avoidance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing business requirements is an absolute perquisite for this role
- Ability to display initiative, confidence and professionalism in all dealings
If you meet the above criteria and have the drive to meet deadlines within a fast paced environment, please send your CV to CV@Maxwellstephens.com or contact Ashley on 0207 118 4848.