CAD Space PlannerBack to Vacancies List
Our client, a leading service provider, have an opportunity for an experienced CAD Planner to join their business for a 6-8 month period.
The role will provide ongoing support to the CAD manager, CAD operation and alignment to the CAFM system:
- Responsibility for producing proposal drawings, feasibility studies and space plans in line with client brief, advising on regulations and best practise
- Manage CAD team demand workload between CAFM system and remote helpdesk
- Respond to daily drawing requests, including updates to existing layouts, creation of new drawings detailing offices/workshop spaces
- Updates to drawing sets including desk layouts, wall/partition removals (no design responsibility), tenant demises and occupancy plans
- Completion of on-site surveys and subsequent drawing updates
- Translating client sketches/brief and site surveys into CAD drawings to match companies CAD standards with standard layering systems, blocks
- Multi-disciplinary drawing capability – architectural, mechanical, electrical, site layouts.
- Record current building fabric and asset positions.
- Liaison with the client and customer to identify scope.
- Maintain an appreciation for the impact of design and change, and how these affect various service streams.
- Manage the space planning process between the client, customer & engineering teams
Experience and knowledge required
- Understanding and interpretation of appropriate building regulations, including access and fire requirements
- Ability to interpret construction drawings, understand line drawings and variety of drawing standards, including ductwork, pipework, electrical drawings and fire detection
- Understanding of hard service/soft service lines covered in Facilities Management
- Maths & English skills a must
- Requirement to have a basic understanding of the relevant British Standards, H&S requirements, building regulations and associated design considerations.
- Previous experience of CAFM systems
- AutoCAD skills necessary
For further information on this role please contact Dominique on 0207 118 4848