Health, Safety and Environmental AssistantBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a leading financial services company whom are now looking for this role to provide assistance and support to the HSE Manager and cover when they are absent
- To assist the HSE Manager and other persons involved in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Monitor the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures implemented by carrying out regular audits and report on any non-compliances and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor all aspects of the performance of the company’s Health and Safety management system and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and statutory duties.
- To assist with the production of organisational and operational risk assessments relating to plant, equipment, people and processes, implementing additional controls as required.
- To assist with the investigation of any accidents or incidents. Monitor reports for significant trends and assist with recommendations for improving recurrence, prevention and controls.
- To manage the training requirements of emergency responders i.e. First Aiders, Fire Wardens etc. ensuring there is an appropriate amount of qualified people available at all times. Provision of training information for HR and the Health and Safety Committee.
- To ensure that permanent staff, contractors and agency staff are inducted, by means of one of the training resources available.
- To ensure fire safety training, display screen equipment training and self-assessments are undertaken by all users of DSE on company premises. Following up on those individuals identified with issues to resolve them as quickly as possible, conducting personal ergonomic workstation assessments where necessary. Maintain a record of all actions taken and advice given, taking further professional advice and liaising with other parties outside the organisation where necessary. Obtaining quotes and ordering essential equipment required to resolve health issues.
- Observe fire drills, create reports to include recommendations for improvement and follow up to ensure actions have been comleted.
- Complete annual audits of outsourced facilities suppliers on H & S and operational issues to ensure compliance with contractual, legislative and corporate requirements. Monitor that audit recommendations are being implemented within agreed timescales.
- Create and manage a preferred supplier database for regular suppliers of onsite works to ensure they are adequately insured and have robust health, safety and environmental management procedures.
- Assess the quality of contactors risk assessment, method statements and safe systems of work for smaller projects completed on site. Provide guidance to contractors where assessments of risks are not highlighted or controlled.
- Assess any homeworking applications provided by HR. To provide any recommendation on further control measures to ensure legal compliance.
- Assess work experience applications, providing guidance and risk assessments when required.
- Liaising with events managers on key events being organised by the Company. Assisting in assessing Health and Safety management including charity events, sports and social events and liaising with events hosts where issues have been identified.
- Assist with a range of HSE communication medium e.g. intranet, noticeboards etc. to ensure that Managers, contractors and staff are kept up to date with HSE matters, making recommendations for additional and replacement material.
- Assist with the promotion of awareness of environmental issues within the company and oversee initiatives to improve the environment. Promoting initiatives by means of using display boards, liaising with other environmental groups and holding environmental awareness days.
- Assist with the provision of data and supporting information for inclusion in the Annual report, CR report, the annual Carbon Disclosure project questionnaire submission, CRC Energy Reduction Commitment, Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme and for any proposals for new business.