Contract Project ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client are a Facilities Services company who are undergoing various small to mid-scale projects throughout the UK. The client require an experienced Project Manager on a temporary basis until the end of December 2015. The role will involve aspects of construction and therefore the candidate must have Project Management within this field. The candidate must also be available immediately.
This is a flexible role, the candidate can be based anywhere across the UK however they must be willing to travel to project areas such as Scotland, Leicester and Sussex.
The role of Project Manager will be responsible for managing the planning, design, execution, monitoring and controlling aspects of each project, ensuring that it is completed on time and to budget. The vast majority of projects are within the FM environment and will be delivered to a very high standard with strict deadlines.
At any one time the post holder will be responsible for one project or a portfolio of projects depending on the requirements of the business.
From the inception of the project the Project Manager will:
- Clarify all assumptions
- Create a plan/timeline
- Inform their team or their roles and responsibilities throughout the project
- Manage the budget
- Minimise risks
- Ensure the goals of the project are met
- Monitor progress
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project planning and management of office builds, refurbishments, moves and the cyclical redecorations (external and internal) management
- Taking the brief and developing conceptual plans and budgets for fiscal decision making
- Space planning including drawing with AutoCAD
- Coordinating groups and individuals to facilitate rational facility planning, budgeting and scheduling.
- Develop planning documents for initiation of projects to gain approval Board level
- Prepare tender and proposal documents and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate hiring relevant contractors
- Monitor and report on all phases of planning and project delivery Coordinate all parties involved in the planning, design and execution / construction process
- Sourcing contractors for building refurbishments and ensuring work is completed to standard and within the budget
- Liaising with Clients, Landlords / Managing Agents and local authorities
The post holder must have:
- Experience in a similar role within FM
- Experience of using AutoCAD to produce designs and space plans
- Good working knowledge of standards and legislation as applicable to the Fit-out, Refurb and FM markets
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management processes and procedures
- Knowledge of estimating, budgeting and scheduling practices
- Knowledge of current status of costs of new construction, escalation factors and market trends
- Knowledge of building regulations and standards of practice
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Skill in reading and interpreting plans and specifications and to compare them with construction progress
- CDM experience
- A background or qualification in Technical Maintenance would be preferable
- Experience of managing small to medium projects of £30,000 – £50,000