Founded in 1980, Grimshaw are an innovative global architectural firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Dubai, Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Their extensive international portfolio covers all major sectors and has been honoured with over 200 international design awards.
Grimshaw approached us on an exclusive basis to support in the recruitment of a Studio/Facilities Manager who would be an integral member of the organisation and take the helm of their facilities department. They would be acting as the eyes and ears of the London studio, with responsibility for the overall management of Grimshaw's facilities, including the physical plant, equipment, and grounds. The successful candidate would also be responsible for ensuring that the office's facilities are safe, secure, functional, and that they meet the needs of the employees and clients.
The main responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
• Be responsible for Health and Safety policies along with the H&S team
• Review heating, electricity, and water usage and to advise on proposals for energy saving methods
• Having a daily insight across all areas, ensuring that all spaces are presentable to guests and staff
• Responsibility for overall security arrangements of the premises
• Managing the overall maintenance, planning best allocations and utilisation of space and resources.
As the sole recruitment agency working on this project, our first port-of-call was to review our well-established and extensive database of 50,000+ candidates based on an in-depth understand of the role profile. In addition we engaged in appropriate advertised search activities to ensure we found the ideal candidate to fill the role. We spoke to a wide range of both active and passive candidates for the role, followed by pre-screening interviews with over 40 candidates. From here we were able to produce an extremely high quality longlist from which the successful candidate was found.