Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. They have also experienced a period of international growth within offices opening in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sweden, Italy and Spain.
Jupiter approached Maxwell Stephens to support in the recruitment of a Head of Facilities to be based within the London HQ and report to the Chief Operating Officer.
The overall purpose of this expansive senior role was to manage the facilities department and reception team in the London Headquarters and oversee the management of the global office portfolio.
The primary responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
• Managing the risk and compliance for all fire and Health and Safety matters across the portfolio.
• Advise and assist with the selection, design, fitting out and running off all new and existing offices.
• Manage and develop relationships with third party suppliers.
• Management of environmental reporting and compliance.
• Ensuring procedures are up to date for all the processes within the Facilities and Reception Departments.
• Management of London office Health and Safety issues including fire regulation, first aid requirements and fixed wire and portable appliance testing.
This role required a candidate who had proven experience within a facilities department, with a particular emphasis on people management responsibilities. The ideal candidate would need to have and extensive knowledge and understanding of building infrastructure, M&E and lease arrangements. Qualifications required for the role included an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification as a necessity, and the ideal candidate would preferably be accredited to member grade in a recognised organisation (e.g. IWFM).
In regards to personality, Jupiter were looking for a Head of Facilities who was very customer focused and had the ability and approach needed to work with individuals at all levels. They would need to be able to prioritise and work under pressure to handle a varied changing workload.