Rokos Capital Management LLP (RCM) is a hedge fund manager founded in 2015 and currently manages over $13 Billion and has over 180 employees between their London headquarters, their New York office, and their Washington D.C. research premises.
RCM got in touch with Maxwell Stephens as part of a multi-agency executive search for a Facilities Manager to be based in their London headquarters.
As Facilities Manager, the post holder has a wide range of responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
• Managing the overall maintenance and physical fabric of the space.
• Ensuring appropriate maintenance and operation of HVAC systems.
• Managing Facilities contracts and relationships (building, gym, cleaning, catering etc.)
• Ensuring that RCM remains in line with current health and safety regulations.
• Supporting the completion of fit-outs and office moves.
• Direct line management of reception staff, security guards, catering and cleaning teams, maintenance engineers and external contractors.
“I was fortunate enough to be passed details of Maxwell Stephens at the beginning of my career and since then they have been excellent in guiding my career and sourcing roles that offered progression and cultural fit every time. Highly recommend!”.
"A creative problem solver..."
When recruiting for this role we had to ensure that candidates had a minimum of 8 years’ experience within facilities, and ideally at least 5 years of this would be client side experience. The ideal candidate also needed to have extensive knowledge of building management in a multi-tenanted building including experience of rates, leases and council applications. Ideally this experience would be gained in a similar finance sector or corporate office environment.
In terms of personal attributes, RCM needed a professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong work ethic and the ability to motivate others. They would need to be a creative problem solver with the ability to anticipate expectations to ensure smooth running of the office environment.