Technical Facilities Manager (EMEA)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are a highly successful global media company, who are looking to appoint an experienced Technical Facilities Manager.
This position will take full responsibility for the overseeing management of technical facilities services to the clients’ EMEA offices within a growing portfolio, including comprehensively overseeing the delivery of technical services, project management, and financial control. The position will report directly to the EMEA Facilities Operations Manager.
- Management and technical responsibility of all hard services across multiple sites (HVAC, electrical, fabric and mechanical skills to include expertise in chillers, AHU’s, fire alarm systems, BMS & Energy management).
- In conjunction with FM provider, fully responsible for the implementation and adherence to all legislative requirements.
- Responsible for H&S requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal expectations are delivered and exceeded.
- Provide technical assistance during scoping of projects/project management meetings
- Define, manage and monitor spending of the annual budget for the hard services, make judgement calls and prioritise budget spends.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business leaders, House Captains, EA’s, internal stakeholders/partners/vendors to ensure that high expectations are being met and global standards adhered to.
- Periodic reporting to the EMEA Operations FM (monthly, weekly, adhoc)
- Drive innovation and service improvements, identifying and creating ways to improve efficiency.
- Challenge the team to analyse the root cause of problems, troubleshoot and find the right solutions.
- Work closely with the EMEA Team in Dublin, to fully implement regional objectives across all EMEA locations.
- Compile and manage the agreed technical budgets for EMEA and provide narrative to explain any differences between budget and actual spend including project financials.
- Encourage and develop new ideas and initiatives with all hard services suppliers with the objective of enhancing service levels and improving cost efficiency.
- Carry out regular inspections of the EMEA real estate portfolio to ensure that the correct standards are being maintained by hard services vendor
- Ensure full compliance with relevant Health & Safety legislation to include document provision and review, emergency response planning and crisis management/business continuity.
- Manage the entire procurement process to global standards.
- Engage and manage local amenities programs and work with local project teams to ensure delivery of new builds, concepts, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience of working within a Technical Facilities Management environment with total responsibility for all Hard Services, SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Must have an Engineering Degree.
- Strong customer care ethos with significant attention to detail is a perquisite
- An understanding of commercial contracts and experience of managing agreed Service Levels within budget.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels within the business.
- The ability to manage a very busy workload efficiently and to prioritise key tasks
- An excellent level of computer literacy.
- A positive “can do” attitude and a willingness to become totally involved with the business.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong financial and project management experience, planning, managing and controlling costs.
- Ability to travel when required
- Experience of working within an extremely high pressurised dynamic environment
- Membership of CIBSE, IET, BIFM, CMI, IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable
If this role is of interest, please contact either Robyn Powner OR Peter Forshaw on 0207 118 4848 for more details or to apply for this exciting role.