General ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client is a global success story, a true market leader with over 100 years’ experience in Facilities Management. With a customer portfolio of both private, public sector and international clients.
- As General Manager you will take responsibility for a 5 year Soft Facilities Management contract worth £9 Million per annum within a public sector environment.
- You will manage and develop all services ensuring continuity throughout the Soft FM Services within agreed financial parameters, operating procedures and all legislative requirements covering both operational and personnel training requirements to meet and exceed performance targets.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and direct a team of soft FM professionals across cleaning, portering, security, helpdesk, catering, hospitality. Working in this role you will lead and direct the development of 5 direct reports and 300 staff in total.
- You will report directly to Director level and have significant engagement with the Senior Management team whilst being able to run the business with your own style and personality.
- The role will be demanding and you will be tasked to continuously drive improvements with the available resources ensuring you hit the KPI’s and also ensuring that effective strategies are in place and that the team are well trained, highly motivated and adaptable to any future change with best practice tools and technologies in place to maintain and improve overall business performance.
For success you will need well developed communication, management and negotiation skills: whilst possessing the wherewithal to make judgements in all areas of responsibility taking into account legislation, health and safety and finance /
We are also looking for evidence of the following:
- Accomplished operator with the confidence and ability to both communicate with and influence others
- Experience in a complex multi-service environment.
- Possess detailed financial management experience
- Experience in dealing with multi-million pound budgets and large scale, high value capital projects.
- In depth knowledge of facilities management industry processes
- General business experience with strong commercial background
- Effective manager of change
- Effective people manager with the ability to line manage, work under pressure and achieve strict timescales and deadlines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional qualifications.
This is a real career opportunity, working for a business which is extremely people focused business that empowers their people and offers fantastic progression.
To learn more, please contact Peter Forshaw on 0207 1184848 or email an application today to firstname.lastname@example.org