Workplace Change ConsultantBack to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ prestige client is seeking a Workplace Change Consultant to join their team of designers who specilaise in delivering workplace strategy, and change management services.
You will be experienced in handling the client process, with excellent presentation and relationship building skills.
The ability to understand and interpret client needs and requirements, primarily responsible for delivering user research focus groups, real estate strategy, change management, brief taking, space planning, design standards and consultation coordination.
A self-motivated team player with a positive, communitive and collaborative approach, is required.
As a Workplace Change Consultant, you will tap into your boundless analytical and strategic knowledge to work on unique professional environment, providing consultation support for completion and execution of Workplace Change Management projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop processes and methodologies with which to understand and analyse both the quantitative and qualitative aspects of workplace design and space planning.
- Manage Face to Face facilitation workshops, staff surveys and conducting research from multiple stakeholders. Presenting the findings to clients and leadership change champions.
- Translate findings into client-specific strategies that address strategic business goals, specifically in the areas of real estate and facilities workplace and organisational development.
- Manage project implementation and project teams.
- Lead client meetings and facilitate small to large groups.
- Manage project implantation and project change by expressing competing solutions and communication at all levels to inform and support executive decision making.
- An acute understanding of the value of design to build businesses and transform organisations.
- Proven skills in information and presentation design.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent project management skills, with experience leading small teams.
- Outstanding verbal, written and graphic communications skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an exceptional level of confidence.
- Supporting the job winning process assisting in the preparation of project proposals and interview material.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and proprieties effectively, often under time pressures.
- Ability to think from both an organisational demand and building supply perspective, a good understanding of the relationship between the two.
- Comfortable with data and research material – ability to draw out the “story” from data and present it in a clear and concise way.
- Seeks out innovation and best practice across all areas of the role – brings new ideas and thinking to client work and also to internal processes and operations.
- Ability to write proposals, clear narrative, strong description of services and associated modelling of fees.
- Networking – attends events, conference and reads industry-relevant publications and material to stay up to date with trends and challenges across sectors.
- Adhere to the company management systems – to ensure that the quality of the output is managed in line with standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree in business, real estate, finance, organisational behavior, occupational psychology preferred.
- Experience and proven track record is required.
- Knowledge of agile working programmes essential.
- You will need to demonstrate good analytical and translation skills.
- Solid post graduate experience.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Microsoft Office suite.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.