Maintenance Supervisor (Temporary)Back to Vacancies List
Duties will include:
Ensure compliance to safety policies and procedures at all times.
Ensure risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work for activities undertaken are followed during the course of carrying out the duties.
To carry out sub-contractor inductions and safety walks.
Assist with the supervision of sub-contractors as directed by contract leader.
Basic operation of PC’s is essential to be able to open read and respond to e-mail communications and enter simple data into spread sheets in excel and word programs.
General duties / Reactive works such as:
- Manage an in-house maintenance team on daily basis. Team include 2 handymen and 1 shuttle bus driver.
- Schedule in-house team work load and ensure all tasks assigned are performed to satisfactory level and completed.
- To carry out minor repairs to building fabric/furniture, including minor door furniture works/adjustments, chair repairs, pedestals, etc.
- Replacement of small building ancillary items. i.e. hand dryers coat hooks shelving systems, picture hanging, drawer locks, minor repairs, unblocking toilets, pipes and drains.
- Complete minor light carpentry and decorating/fabric skills.
- Ensure work areas are kept safe, clean and tidy at all times and before leaving any working area. At all times, adequate safety signage is to be used.
- To carry out manual handling tasks as required.
- Maintain and control a small stock of stores and parts for the upkeep of the building.
- Ability to view BMS alarm information and relay urgent messages to the engineering staff.
- Assist the appointed Engineering Insurance Inspection Surveyor with inspections of Plant and Pressure Vessels.
- To compile and maintain accurate records for energy usage by the various building systems, taking of regular meter readings for electricity / gas / water.
- Must be confident in working at heights and in the correct use and operation including assembly and inspection of ladders and platforms.
- To act as appointed fire warden for the basement level of the building.
- Training will be provided to enable assistance to be given in evacuating and muster staff in the event of alarm activation.
- Assist with weekly Fire Testing
- To routinely visit and inspect office areas and meeting rooms for defects.
- Ensure all FM related requests received from customers are dealt with in a professional manner and on time.
The role of working maintenance supervisor includes proactively working as a team member. Ability and willingness to perform other duties as directed by the line manager.
Qualification Advantage: Ideally would have engineer background, or other electrical or plumbing qualifications.