Maintenance Operative (Shifts)- Electrical biasBack to Vacancies List
You must be immediately available – this position is on a temporary basis, with the opportunity to go permanent.
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced electrician to carry out a range of reactive and planned maintenance work, providing trade specific skills whilst working flexibly across trade disciplines and sites as required (subject to appropriate training and in compliance with relevant safety constraints)
This role requires an immediate start.
The following shift pattern is in place:
Day Shift 07.00 to 19.00
Night Shift: 19.00 to 07.00 4 days – 4 off – 4 nights – 4 off – repeating
- Carry out a range of programmed, planned and reactive maintenance/repairs on building services, systems, infrastructure, plant and equipment, commensurate with trade discipline and competence, in line with relevant procedures and schedules.
- Work flexibly across trade disciplines as required, subject to appropriate training and in compliance with relevant safety constraints; support, advise and assist other team members.
- Investigate and diagnose faults using BMS, drawings, manuals etc.; respond to breakdowns, faults and service request calls; assist other tradesmen in completing diagnostic and remedial work.
- Carry out inspections and testing relating to planned maintenance, installations, modifications, refurbishments; carry out associated remedial works;
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with all applicable procedures, safe working practices and statutory requirements
- Maintain records and complete documentation as required to meet internal and statutory procedures; complete work/time recording as required.
- Operate and interrogate computer based building maintenance and control systems (e.g. Famis, BMS) as required – subject to appropriate training/instruction.
- Carry out a range of associated but non-trade specific tasks as required by the Supervisor e.g. cleaning and tidying work areas, collecting parts/materials, assisting other trades, driving/delivering, attending/assisting fire drills etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Embrace and actively promote our clients’ Estates Service Objectives, Values and Vision and ensure that the guiding principles are put into practice in the post holder’s day to day work and relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A recognised and relevant trade qualification with appropriate operational maintenance experience (e.g. City and Guilds 17th edition).
- Able to undertake fault finding using practical experience, diagnostic equipment, drawings, manuals and personal experience
- Experience, understanding and ability to monitor plant status, interpret alarms etc.
- Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls and experience of working with help desk system
- Experience of providing front line customer service with an ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across disciplines and sites/buildings
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- Knowledge and experience of the application of statutory safety regulations and legislation relating the Building Services & wider Operations
- Experience of computer based information and reporting systems
- Experience of installing plant, equipment and services
- Experience of working flexibly across trade disciplines
- Experience of shift working
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.