Co-ordinating Authorised Person (Mechanical)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced Co-ordinating Authorised Person (CAP) to provide dedicated technical expertise and mentoring to existing site based Authorised Persons. This role will provide essential safe system planning and development support to sites and AP resource.
The Authorised Person would be appointed to a number of sites, to provide AP coverage as requested by SAP and Property Operations Managers.
- Plan and develop safe systems of work for activities in relation to the specialist discipline / area.
- Provide professional expertise in the relevant discipline(s) / subject matters; sharing knowledge / understanding with the region’s AP resource & SITE Engineering, Technical & Project teams.
- Ensure adoption and application of the required safe systems of work; including relevant statutory compliance, across the site.
- Monitor & review performance, tracking trends & escalating any issues / concerns / obstacles to the Senior Authorised Person.
- Maintain knowledge / awareness of developments / changes in legislation, standards & innovation in respect of the discipline.
- Ensure work is prioritised appropriately.
- Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes.
- Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level.
- Oversee and manage contractors on site; monitoring & ensuring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated.
- Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements & additional requirements to FM / Business leads, as appropriate.
- Completed apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering
- Current AP certificate in Mechanical Systems, Pressure Systems etc.
- Understanding of JSP375 and appointed/responsible person processes (safe systems of work)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly Competent in Microsoft Office suite – writing reports, admin etc.
- Full clean driving licence
- Working knowledge of project management
- HV/LV AP cert in HV/LV, petroleum, confined space and working at height
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualification
Travel will be required as part of this role
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.