Technical Services and Estates ManagerBack to Vacancies List
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a charity with an ambitious and exciting vision based in West London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Technical Services and Estates Manager to join the Property Management and Facilities Management teams. You will use your technical expertise to ensure hard and soft services are delivered to an exceptional standard, in a cost effective and safe manner and be responsible for compliance matters in relation to the management of the estate and markets.
You will act as the Health & Safety Officer and provide management and guidance to the Property Management and FM Teams, service providers and subcontractors, advising on H&S & Fire Risk Assessments and Statutory Compliance, as well as the quality and value of all contracts.
- Lead on all operational Technical Service matters, ensuring that markets are properly managed in terms of statutory compliance and hard and soft services are delivered to the required standards.
- Ensure that markets are properly managed in terms of statutory compliance and the estate properly run and maintained at weekends.
- Advise operational FM team on technical matters.
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety & Fire legislation, practices and procedures, including the development and implementation of action plans and reports.
- Ensure all Risk assessments and method statements are properly documented and reviewed.
- Act as the clients’ Health & Safety Officer and attend quarterly H&S Committee meetings.
- Ensure the maintenance services fully meet both contractual and statutory requirements, including undertaking sub-contractor and in-house audits and monitoring KPI’s.
- Provide technical guidance and ensure compliance with CDM regulations.
- Develop a forward maintenance register and pre-planned maintenance programme and ensure delivery according to plan and budget.
- Provide plant and asset performance reports to support future CAPEX projects.
- Review plant and system performance, highlighting solutions in unsatisfactory areas.
- Manage contract tenders.
- Provide technical guidance on M&E and Building Fabric maintenance work.
You will need to have the right blend and balance of technical and practical skills, legislative and commercial awareness, people management and business strategy. You will be working for a charity supporting and enhancing the lives of people in the local community.
- Engineering Management experience at a senior level and a track record of delivering performance/service improvement.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- Total Facilities Management experience
- Extensive experience of managing and delivering improvements through the supply chain engineering service contracts
- Knowledge of computer-aided Facility Management (CAFM) and Asset Management systems.
- Membership to the Institute of Safety and Health (IOSH) or equivalent
- Membership of BIFM to level 4 Diploma
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of managing facilities across a diverse property portfolio.
- Experience of managing sub-contractor relationships and supply chain management within a multi-faceted operation.
- Knowledge of health and safety and risk management
- Operational knowledge and understanding of facilities maintenance and building services within a client focused environment.
- Knowledge of other building maintenance related trades.
- Experience in the mechanical, fabric or electrical aspects of general building FMR and PPM schedules.
- Experience with similar maintenance duties, including fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Operation/control of a CAFM system
- Experience of budget and project management.
- Environmental management (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team.
- Good communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office Suite
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- A proactive and flexible attitude.
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0207 118 4848 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.