BMS ManagerBack to Vacancies List
- Providing a range of mechanical and electrical engineering support and advice to Estates’ maintenance, development and project teams.
- Managing the BMS systems & specialist BMS contractors.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Develop and deliver M&E engineering services to meet EM&I priorities, through a range of service providers.
- Act as focal point on maintenance issues for Schools/departments across the portfolio as required.
- Lead the preparation, prioritisation, co-ordination and delivery of assigned projects and programmes, including: Planned works, Long Term Maintenance, one-off projects and business improvement work-streams.
- Respond as necessary to identify and manage the resolution of reported breakdowns, faults and problems.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Plan, prioritise, coordinate and deliver projects/tasks; liaise closely with other Professional & Technical staff within Estates to ensure coordinated, effective, customer focused solutions and delivery.
- Provide relevant specialist advice and support to colleagues and customers to meet the overall mission of our client.
- Procure, commission and manage a range of services using internal and external providers/ service contracts as appropriate.
- Draft minor project briefs and documentation, specifications and service standards; manage tender process, service delivery and the performance of service providers, including contractors and DLO as appropriate.
- Carry out pre-handover testing, inspecting and commissioning.
- Assist in the procurement of equipment and services, drafting briefs/instructions, defining requirements, attending demonstrations etc.
Relevant Professional Qualification and Experience:
- Evidence of ongoing self- development/training.
- Have a full working knowledge of BMS systems including StruxureWare, Simga & Trend
- Extensive practical experience and relevant technical knowledge including the management of maintenance operations using contractors and directly employed staff; Thorough knowledge and experience of maintenance operations in a large multi- site organisation