Maintenance Operative (Day shifts)Back to Vacancies List
Maxwell Stephens’ client are seeking an experienced maintenance operative to oversee and be responsible for providing reactive and planned maintenance services across a number of trade disciplines across the estate.
Maxwell Stephens’ client are recruiting a number of Maintenance Operatives to their core day and shift team and particularly need experienced maintenance staff from a mechanical, electrical, plumbing and joinery background, preferably with some evidence of multi-skilling.
- Carry out a range of programmed, planned and reactive maintenance/repairs on building services, systems, infrastructure, plant and equipment, commensurate with trade discipline and competence, in line with relevant procedures and schedules.
- Work flexibly across trade disciplines as required, subject to appropriate training and in compliance with relevant safety constraints; support, advise and assist other team members.
- Investigate and diagnose faults using BMS, drawings, manuals etc.; respond to breakdowns, faults and service request calls; assist other tradesmen in completing diagnostic and remedial work.
- Carry out inspections and testing relating to planned maintenance, installations, modifications, refurbishments; carry out associated remedial works;
- Ensure work is completed in compliance with all applicable procedures, safe working practices and statutory requirements.
- Maintain records and complete documentation as required to meet internal and statutory procedures; complete work/time recording as required.
- Operate and interrogate computer based building maintenance and control systems (e.g. Famis, BMS) as required – subject to appropriate training/instruction.
- Carry out a range of associated but non-trade specific tasks as required by the Supervisor e.g. cleaning and tidying work areas, collecting parts/materials, assisting other trades, driving/delivering, attending/assisting fire drills etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- NVQ Level 2 as a minimum in a relevant trade (mechanical, electric, carpentry, fitter) is essential.
- Able to undertake fault finding using practical experience, diagnostic equipment, drawings, manuals and personal experience
- Experience, understanding and ability to monitor plant status, interpret alarms etc.
- Good knowledge of first line response to reactive calls and experience of working with help desk system
- Experience of providing frontline customer service with an ability to communicate effectively
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across disciplines and sites/buildings
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
If you think you have what it takes, please contact Robyn Powner on 0203 903 4265 for more details or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this exciting role.