Senior Cleaning ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Leading FM recruitment consultancy Maxwell Stephens has been appointed by one of the premier boat operators on the Thames to provide a world-class Cleaning Manager as it seeks to build and restructure its cleaning operation inhouse.
The successful candidate will manage our client’s cleaning operations. You’ll be accountable for the ongoing development and improvement thereof through highly effective services and solutions provision delivered by our client’s staff and contractors.
The high-level duties will include:
- To manage and oversee all cleaning activities for all vessels in the fleet.
- To manage and oversee cleaning of all owned piers
- To maintain all owned pier facilities and assets.
- Responsible for quality control of all work within the scope of the role.
- Manage a dedicated cleaning team that will support and ensure quality of core cleaning tasks undertaken by operational staff working on board vessels whilst in service.
- Manage the cleaning activities for all vessels to ensure each vessel is adequately cleaned each evening so as to be ready for service the next morning.
- Manage a deep clean regime across the fleet to ensure all vessels are regularly given a thorough clean both internally and externally to ensure the fleet look at their best.
- Ensure a deep clean of each vessel on its return from their annual visit to dry dock, so they return to service following their running trials at peak cleanliness.
- Liaise with Fleet Operations to ensure the night cleans are completed on each vessel as required by the on-board crew and then signed off as ready for service by a cleaning supervisor.
- Ensure all cleaning activities take place within budget, investigating opportunities to optimise the effectiveness and efficiency of the cleaning activities.
- Liaise with the Customer Services, Fleet Operations and Catering Operations teams to ensure all shore-based facilities within the scope of responsibility are being adequately serviced for cleaning and maintenance, managing third party contracts where required.
- Manage the equipment and materials required to facilitate all cleaning and maintenance activities, ensuring necessary items remain in stock and equipment is serviceable.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance programme for all facilities to ensure customer safety standards are maintained.
- Work with the wider Engineering team, ensuring that all work carried out is recorded and reported accurately, following the necessary guidelines.
- Proactively seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
- To assist in developing and maintaining effective team work within departments and offices of parent company.
- Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practice as required by current legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and practices.
- Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately to both internal and external customers in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
- Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste and reduce costs.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by any member of the senior management team.
Essential Key Skills
- Experience of managing cleaning/facilities operations and managing multisite facilities
- Solid supervisory and performance management experience
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the business, supporting a team that largely work at night 7 days per week
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build good internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Highly organised, with a committed and flexible approach to work, with the ability to work under pressure, multi-task and prioritise work
- A team player with a positive attitude to work
- Working experience in the Marine or Public Transport sector